cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MB52 e MB5B

former_member822355
Participant
0 Kudos

For the same material, I tried to run MB52 and MB5B. I put today as final date in MB52. I tried to check the tables and MB52 seems to be correct.

Is there a way to check tables related to MB52?  There could be an inconstence?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MB52 has no final date

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

MB52 will show the current stock. You can check MARD table which contains most of the details. You may also refer the wiki: Stock Tables and Stock Types - ERP SCM - SCN Wiki

MB5B is "stock on posting date" which can show the stock as of a particular date. Refer the note:  1772782 - MB5B: Detailed information about opening and closing stock

Regards,

AKPT

anna_hannon
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Silvana

MB5B does not lock the material master, and therefore allows goods movements and invoices to be posted while the report is running. This can lead a situation where the report reads values from MBEW, a posting is performed, then a second later the report reads MSEG/BSIM. In this case the quantity/value of the posting is only considered in the values read from MSEG/BSIM, not the table MBEW.  Using these figures the program wil calculates an incorrect stock level or value. The
material document and FI document are considered, but the stock figure read from MBEW is from before the posting. Although this goods movement or invoice only influences the current stock level or value, the information is also needed to correctly calculate the stock level and value in the past.

The report first reads the current stock level and valuation (table MBEW) and then reads the materials movements (table MSEG) together with the FI documents (table BSIM) that were posted for the material. Using this information the program then "works backwards" from the current stock level and value to calculate the values for the requested dates.

It is not a static report simply reading a figure from a stock table.

former_member822355
Participant
0 Kudos

I used the final date in MB5B.. And I used it in a correct way. So, where could be the problem?