Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alternative account not found

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I was trying to make an invoice entry and I got the below error message:

alternative account not found for G/L Acct. 8889905

I've checked in FS00 and this G/L has an alternative account assigned.

Which could be the issue?

Thank You

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Larissa,

1) Check your Country specific chart of accounts.

2) Check the country cpecific COA assigned to your company code.

3) Check the GL account which is assigned to G/L Acct. 8889905 created properly.

Regards,

Inthiyaz

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Larissa,

Is your issue resolved?

Regards,

Inthiyaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inthiyaz,

checked and all seems to be fine, I'll check again and let you know thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

you can easily find the solution by using error message number. try to use error message no. to search on web

former_member222241
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

H

Please check whether G/L account created can be seen in both transaction codes FSP0 - In Chart of Accounts and FSS0 - In Company Code.

Regards,

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...Please close the issue...if you got the solution.

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you have not crated the alternative account for the courntry chart of account. Please create the GL 8889905 in the country chart of accounts for the co.code in FS00.

Regards,

Mukthar

former_member190652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please paste the long text of the error message if possible with screenshot.  Thanks

Regards,

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ..........

If you have a "Country-specific chart of accounts" assigned to the GL Account then it is correct that you cannot change the alternative Account number. However if you do not have a  "Country-specific chart of accounts" Assigned and yet you still cannot make this change See note 305203.

This note will prevent this message where no "Country-specific chart of accounts" is assigned. If you do have a "Country-specific chart of accounts" assigned then unfortunately you cannot change this error message, as FH007 is hardcoded as an error. However, a possible workaround which you may like to try could be: Deassign the country chart of accounts from OBY6,the company code global settings.

Then it is possible to enter an alternative account number on the G/L master record irrespective of whether there is a balance on the account or not. Once the alternative account number is saved, reassign the country chart of accounts to the company code. However, as displayed, your account balancee is infact zero. The note will prevent the error message FH 007 where no "Country-specific chart of accounts" has been assigned to the corresponding company code.

However, in your case, it sounds like you have a "Country-specific chart of accounts" assigned to the company code. Hence the error message.

PLease find the following links for your needfu

l http://scn.sap.com/thread/3424269

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1204164
http://scn.sap.com/thread/1082183

Regards