cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AA & GL amounts are not equal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts;

I have a common issue and it is mentioned else where on the forum but unfortunately it did not help me.

So may kindly someone gives more simple an clear help in form of 1, 2, 3, steps to follow them.

**The case that I have differences between the amounts of Accumulated depreciations on the AA and the GL.

# steps which I followed to try to solve:

1. According to another forum someone suggested to check the ABST2  to find out the differences another one said to use program RAABST02 which are actually I found they are same. So I find out the accounts with differences.

2. After run the ABST2 or the program (which are the same) I received an error message: ((Message no. MQ555)) which says ((Differences occurred in the balance carried forward when comparing asset summary records and G/L))

3. I followed the procedure as mentioned after the error message, using the mentioned program RFEWSBAL giving the mentioned parameter also. Then execute.

# Result:

((List contains no data))

However as mentioned above that at the beginning when used ABST2 it returned the differences in amount between the G/L and AA

N.B.: the amount on GL is bigger and that is the correct one so I do not want to touch the GL using the OASV

= So may kindly someone help to solve such error either by certain known steps supported with t-codes or to tell how to settle that difference by sort of FI or AA postings also supported by t-codes to be used.

Thanks in advance;

Best regards;

Ahmad Mahmud;

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

João_FI_FIN-CS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Run ARMO tcode and check if there's an error with transaction executed in the past.

JPA

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rave;

after checking the links I found that they r not so relevant to my case where  have no defined Business Areas and the differences are too small a shown below:

for each asset class.

so I am wondering if there is an ability to post values on the AA sub-ledger without updating the G/L Acc. Dep. accounts because they are correct and no need for any post to them.

I tried the ABMA manual corrections on the QAS but it did not solve where it posted to the G/L Acc. Dep. accounts which is not required.

Thank you very much;

Best regards;

Ahmad Mahmud;