Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

order conformation-activity type -warning message

mahesh_sappm
Participant
0 Kudos

dear all,

i created one maintenance order with operation details work hrs and duration,but i not mentioned activity type(engineer,labour) and i done confirmation odeder

at that time i wnat to get a error messahe that activity type not mentained.

requirement: system should not allow to confirmation with out Activity type. pl explain me where i can config.

thanks,

G.Mahesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

If you want to force people to use activity type. Change the field selection to mandatory for Order operation OIOPL transaction, so system will not allow you to save without entering the activity type.

Or you can make it in mandatory in OIZN for confirmation transaction.

Regards

Terence

mahesh_sappm
Participant
0 Kudos

thank you sir,

i i do that as a mandatory,system asking for every line item even for non labour operations.

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

If you are using a single activity type. Default the activity type in the work center. This will be cmg default in the order.

Regards

Terence

mahesh_sappm
Participant
0 Kudos

but, iam using 3 activity types, labour,supervisor,engg.

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

In case if you have multiple activity type, you can maintain it, when you assign operation in the work order, you need to enter activity type based.

One activity can be default among the three, then if required you need to change. Else you need have different work centre for labour / supervisor / Engineer.

It purely depends on how you want to configure the system.

Regards

Terence

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

G.Mahesh

You could try setting this field as mandatory via field-selection in the IMG (transaction OIOPL). But this may well cause issues with non-labour operations..

This could also be checked at the SAVE event via user-exit IWO10009 - talk to your ABAP Team.

PeteA