Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function module for creating info record in MM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to creating a PO and Inforecord using report program .  I gonna use BAPI "BAPI_PO_CREATE1"  to create PO .

For creating the Inforecord, I found following function module can be used.

ME_DIRECT_INPUT_INFORECORD

ME_UPDATE_INFORECORD

ME_POST_INFORECORD

ME_MAINTAIN_INFORECORD       

But the problem is all the above Function Modules are unreleased by SAP. So using this FM is not recommended. can anyone sugguest any FM for creating Info record which is released by SAP.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

AFAIK, there is no bapi for PIR creation, so you need to use those FMs (with caution) or go via BDC...

Br,

Manu.

former_member306787
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've tried several FM's a couple of months ago, but none did the job. So eventually used a BDC, as Manu pointed out.

Check this article out: http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=243630173

Specially in the subroutine 'TRANSFER_FILE' line 580, those are the structures you need to create.

My experience is, that the FM's you mentioned, have some drawbacks, for example no history, the PIR is overwritten without any reference to the old PIR.

Have fun!