cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to create this kind of chart ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have 2 values, one for how many people are active at the company and one for how many people leave per quarter.

It looks like this

1200     0

1195     5

1180     15

1173     7

1166     7

Now I can make this chart in Excel but is it also possible to create a line chart over a column chart within sap?

http://officeblogswest.blob.core.windows.net/wp-content/migrated-images/44/3554.Completed%20Combined%20Chart.jpg

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Bart,

no problem.

See step three, here you can choose different kind of styles for your categories.

Sorry for just having it in German...

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried this but everytime I check the box for visability on the second axis, it uncheckes it automatically after I save.

This is how the chart looks like

Do you have any ideas about what goes wrong?

/edit: Also how do I specify what value need to be used for what series? Because it looks like that's going wrong, it just creats 2 column charts for the data

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bart,

I think in your query playing with the rows and columns will solve your problem. Take the key figures to the rows and take the time characteristic to the columns. In you key figures, get the one you want to show as line to the upper.

Hope it helps

Regards

Yasemin...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yasemin

I will try that, but do you have an idea why the second axis  won't show? or is it related to the query issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yasemin,

You were right about the query I changed the rows and columns and now the query displays correcty

The only thing that's not working now is the second axis.. this is how the chart looks and how the settings look

When I check the first box, and hit finish and open the the dialog again it's back to unchecked

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bart,

Switch to the wizard, select the series (the series which you want to show as secondary axis) and there you will see the axis and be able to select as secondary.

Regards

Yasemin...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Yasemin,

That worked!

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am glad that is solved Have a great day....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yasemin,

I have still something that I don't get to work. Showing up the second axis. It now uses the secendary axis but it doens't show it. Everytime I check the box for visibility it uncheckes it, the same goes for the primairy axis if I uncheck the box so it won't show, the box just gets checked again.

There was however one moment where I checked the box for the secondairy axis and it appeared! So I know it is possible but I just don't get why it doesn't want to show up, maybe you could help me with the settings?

/edit      The axis aren't the only things that don't changes I have found more settings that I can't change like the type of diagram, it just changes it back anyone know what causes this?

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bart,

This is not an issue I face. Maybe you are just closing the property screen by the (x) close button. If you just click on that, it doesn't save, you need to click on "complete".

If this is not the case you may try to load an upper version of GUI patch.

Regards

Yasemin...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm really getting crazy of the WAD, it works so bad. It already starts when I make a new graph and select 3 series instead of 5 nothing happens but when I select 10 categories instead of 5 they change like the should

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bart,

Then it really may be a problem with the gui patch you are using. This is not normal behavior (I am a fan of WAD and think that it is a very good application). You can also search for a note related with this problem.

Regards

Yasemin...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not fimiliar with notes, where do I find them?

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

service.sap.com/notes

Former Member
0 Kudos

It askes for a password and username?

But since you know your way around the WAD and reply so quickly (thanks for that!)

maybe you know if this is possible;

I have a dashboard with 6 charts, now I'm asked to find a way to quickly switch the graphs between absolute numbers and percentages. I made two key figures in the querys already and was thinking about a button in the dashboard that switches the filter value to percentages.

Is something like this possible and if it's not all that much trouble can you tell me how?

PS I found a workaround for the chart with 2 axis I deleted the old chart and made a new one and for some reason the new one lets me add the second axis.

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bart,

What comes to my mind right now is; you can create 6 more charts with percentages shown. And you can create a dropdown and add two options (Percentage, Value) then you can add commands to make the first 6 chart invisible and others visible for values, and vice versa for the second row in the dropdown. This will be easy to do.

Hope it gives an idea.

Regards

Yasemin...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yasemin

that's actually a better idea than I had in mind, thank you!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member976
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

it is possible with BEx WAD and SAP BO- WEBI tool.

in BO -WEBI take the line chart and add the series units slod and total transactions.

after check the out put.

Thanks,

Phani.

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bart,

Yes this is possible. Select a line chart for this.Add two series. Then select Series1 in the wizard, select graphic type as lines, and the axis as primary. Then select Series2,  select graphic type as columns and the axis as secondary. That is all. It will show the way you want.

Regards

Yasemin...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bart,

what do you mean with "within SAP"?

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

I mean with the BEx WAD, I'm still learning everything so sorry if I'm not clear