cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

initial stock inventory - MCNB- New run

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have created the stock inventory management in our company, we have several plants.

Now I have a question with initialization of the stocks.

When I go to Transaction MCNB in the source system, I have to create a run for each plant.

When do I have to select the button "New Run" an when not?

Thanks and regards,

Marcel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

You can run MCNB with all plants that you need, or if you don't put any plant in the selection screen MCNB will initialize all stocks for all plants.

If this is the first time that you are starting the stock you can use the New Run flag.

Here you have a step-by-step to initialize your stock:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f83be790-0201-0010-4fb0-98bd7c01e...

Best Regards,

Enio Terra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Enio,

thanks for your fast reply and or the hint with the planes in mcnb!!

Could you maybe shortly explain what happens in the table when I select the new run? I don't really understand it.

Thanks,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

You just uncheck the New Run flag if you want continue a execution after a error, for example. If you started a job under a name run and this job ends with some error, you can execute MCNB again with the same name run and with New Run unchecked.

For all others cenarios you use MCNB with New Run checked. This will guarantee that all records will be read again. I hope this can help you...

Best Regards,

Enio Terra

Answers (0)