Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating role transport request in production system

chiwo_lee
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am just curious about the fact that we are still able to generate transport request containing roles with T-Code: PFCG even we have the client setting correctly set (i.e. No changes allowed, No Changes to Repository and Cross-Client Customizing allowed) in our production system.

Of course, we can still use T-Code: SE10 to manually create change request and include objects, so on so forth.

Is there any official SAP documentation on this?

Your response/input is highly appreciated,

Regards,

Chi Wo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even i faced the same issue in my system. I raised that issue to sap and i got reply that they are going to take care in coming release.

As if now you can restrict your users by authorization, for creating transport request.

Regards,

chiwo_lee
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Balactia,

Thanks for the response. That's what exactly the response I got from SAP today

I mark this thread answered.

Regards,

Chi Wo

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Chiwo,

Go to Transaction SE06 and Goto-> System Change Option -> change to no modifiable.

Regards,

V Srinivasan

chiwo_lee
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan,

The Not Modifiable option is already in place.

I guess role is kinda special in terms of transport management, can anyone explain this ?

Regards,

Chi Wo

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Chiwo,

Which is your transport domain controller system?

chiwo_lee
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Vinayagam,

The domain controller is the production system.

Regards,

Chi Wo

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Chiwo,

You can delete the existing TMS configuration and re-create Development server as Domain Controller.

Regards,

V Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos
chiwo_lee
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Mani,

Thank you for the response.

I know the steps to transport roles but what I want to ask is that why we can still generate such role transport request in a production system where change is not allowed at all.

You know, when the client setting is correct (i.e. no change allowed for customizing as well as cross-client customizing). We are not supposed to change any configuration and generate transport requests by any means.

I hope it's clear now.

Regards,

Chi Wo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

In Production system, client setting is correct (no changes allowed and no changes to repository and cross client customizing objects)

PFCG, Default transport request should be display in production system because of any modification in local object so we can used it.

Production level for system is 1 because its no overwriting but external availability is there.

or otherwise if you don't want transport role option in PFCG, you can disable a particular icon using t-code  SHD0 (screen varient)

Regards,

Dhuvaraganathan M.