Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agency Logon and Authorizations

ShyamuMurthy
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Members,

I have a scenario where I need your advice. I'm implementing E-Recruiting (EhP5) using the distributed scenario - front-end on one box and backend on the ERP box. I need to have agencies created applications on behalf of their proposed candidates.

What I want to do:

1. Allow agencies to create applications

2. Force all correspondence to go to agencies instead of candidates

Where I'm stumbling:

The distributed scenario still means that data is stored in the backend. In this case, how does the following happen:

• Agency user creation. Since E-Recruiting administrator will create agency users in the Portal (backend), how does this get replicated to the front-end to agency users to logon? I'm aware this is similar to external candidate users but I would like to know exactly how the system manages this.

• When creating an application as an agency, the system is asking for authorization to create user and assign them to user groups. This authorization cannot be given to anyone except for a group of administrators in the company.

What can be done to avoid giving enlarged authorizations to agency users?

• Unable to fathom the data exchange/ replication between front-end and backend. Since all data is stored in the backend, how does duplication check work?

• When I try to assign a support group to the agency, the system throws an error. The customer is using a Plan Version different from 01. It seems 01 is hard-coded in the system as the table T77RCF_AGENCY stored the support group as <plan version>NG<support group ID>. Example: PDNG56999577.

Would greatly appreciate if you cold help with these answers.

Best Regards,

Shyamu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

FrankKrause
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shyamu,

we've the mentioned Add-On up and running.

Please refer to

and send an email to the mentioned address for further details.

The Add-On answers your questions.

BR

Frank

ShyamuMurthy
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your response. I'm not trying to find duplicates based on agency emails. I'm only trying to redirect emails to go to the agency instead of to the candidate. I want the duplication check to still happen on candidate email address.

Regards,

Shyamu

WaldemarFal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I wrote about the possible solution in

ShyamuMurthy
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Waldemar,

Thanks. Its a good approach. I've experimented with gmail and I agree this will work if all the agencies use gmail as the provider. That, unfortunately, won't be the case. Most agencies will have their own domains and some would use their ISP's mailbox service.

I would welcome more thoughts to see where we can take this. As mentioned by a fellow member, SAP E-Recruiting is highly limited in functionality (practically zero!) when it comes to agencies.

Regards,

Shyamu

WaldemarFal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

SAP E-recruitment is highly expandable as I am experiencing just now, so you can find the smart solution even for things that seems to be the fundamental change. 

I like however to recommend you to ask at least two or three vendors because the proposed solutions may differ a lot all in terms of scale and of course of the cost.