cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The connection to the server was lost 'Periods Category' (OACP)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am on a client machine which acts as a server as well.I create a an A/R invoice  and when i click on add it gives me an error 'The connection to the server was lost 'Periods Category' (OACP).

In addition when i run a query on the the OACP table it gives me the same error'The connection to the server was lost 'Periods Category' (OACP)'

The client is the same as the server.I have tried restarting the machine severally but without success.

My client is on SAP B1 version 9.0 pl 12

Attached see the error message .

any clues?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I restored the most recent back up and  the issue was resolved.The initial database was corrupt

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it happening for particular user or all users?

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just me, am down past 3 days, any help ?

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you super user?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagarajan

Are you able to help ?

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes.

Did you try with super user or with Professional user?

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can we solve this problem ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well when i try doing the same on version 9.0 Pl 10 its fine but when i do the same in 8.82 PL10 i get the error

Former Member
0 Kudos

I get this on 9.0 PL10. I would suggest it is an environmental based issue rather than Business One software. I have asked for this to be tested on a client machine as the local administrator user. When I get the results I will post them in this thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Liam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joyce,

I am afraid that the issue appears to have resolved itself with my customer. They can now process the documents on client machines as both administrator and standard users. I would recommend trying to process one document on the server logged in as administrator and then trying to the same on the client machine. This appears to have solved the issue for me.

Good luck.

Kind Regards,

Liam.

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you issue solved, please close this thread by marking helpful answer.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

not yet solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joyce,

I have experienced the same issue on a client machine. I was adding a Goods Receipt with batch numbers. However, I tried this on the database server and it processed fine.

Could you try processing this on your database server if possible and let us know the results please?

Kind Regards,

Liam.

former_member205766
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the below link it may helps you

With Regards

Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Balaji,

Thanks for the reply,however i tried restarting the machine severally which is actually the server but the problem still persists