cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fiscal period is in week format

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in BW, while using FM DATE_TO_PERIOD_CONVERT to derive fisal period from calender date, the result is in Year/Week format instead of Year/Period format.

Like the output is 2013/052 instead of 2013/012.  I did global tranfer setting again from source system, still it gaves same output and checked in T009B table also in BW it stores in YYYY/WWW format instead of yyyy/ppp format

if at all i need to check in source system, can any one help me how to check the config?

any clue?

Regards

Gary

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

karthik_vasudevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gary

It depends on what is the information that you have stored in your source system. If its week, only week will be coming into BI after global transfer settings.

For example, in our project we get month information from R/3 system and week information from APO system. So we have two different fiscal year variants for both.

Z1 is for period which comes from R/3 system

ZW is for weeks which comes from APO system.

When we use any FM, we use the variant to calculate week of month. Based on that, it will give us the result.

If at all you know the first day and last day of the months, you can maintain it directly in source system. But its better to get help from an FI consultant since its their job to maintain calendars.

Use OB29 in your source system and create a new entry for your period variant. There are settings for year dependent and then you have to maintain number of postings as 12 and number of special postings as 4.

Once done, select periods at the left hand side and it will ask you to enter the end dates of each month.

Enter the end dates, save the settings. Transfer global settings in BI side. All done

Hope this helps

Regards

Karthik

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you all,

it worked, by changing the fiscal variant.. infact i was not aware that two fiscal variants were maintained for same period.

Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, Thanks to all for the input and got an idea how/where to check...

will revert after verifying in source system.

gary

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gary,

The format of output will depend on what fiscal year variant you are passing in FM

If you are passing standard WK in the FM then you will get in the weekly format. Try K4 for eg which will give you the correct period

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

Check the fiscal variant you are passing in the FM. It depends on the configuration of fiscal variant -  and in FM you have to apss that value in I_PERIV.

Thanks

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Amit,  fiscal variant is passed appropriately

Former Member
0 Kudos

For more details on fiscal variant in your system you can check in tcode OB29 and see if the fiscal variant you are using is based on week or period. Please use the one which is based on period and not week.

Thanks

Amit