Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create 10 InfoCube from DSO

former_member198905
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

A DSO having 10 years of transaction data. I need 10 infocubes year wise i.e. InfoCube for 1990 data ,  InfoCube for 1991 data, InfoCube for 1992 data and so on.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member197660
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Imran

Using SPO would be state of the art solution and would be recommended rather than having multiple cubes for each year.

However can you please explain the the reason to have 10 separate cubes,this will help to explore other potential options.

Ashish 

former_member198905
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish

For reporting purpose i.e. to run a report on a particular year or combination of selected years.

former_member197660
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Imran

Thank you for clarification.

Storing data in multiple cubes for each year will lead to recurring yearly maintenance costs/efforts due to following reasons:

1) Creating a new cube and data flow beneath

2) Adjustment in Multiprovider by adding new incobue to enable reporting

3) Adjustment in process chain to stop data loading in old cube and enable loading in new one.

Considering the reason mentioned I would recommend to have two infocubes one to store data for Current Fiscal Year and last two fiscal years (Depends on business requirement) and second to store all remaining historical data.

Add both the infocubes in an multiprovider and create process chain to load data into only current infocube periodically.

Also create a process chain to load data from current cube to history infocube and schedule it once a year to move older data and subsequently delete the moved data from current infocube.

As the current infocube will be leaner the reporting performance would be better and the maintenance cost is also minimized due to automation via process chain.

Ashish

former_member198905
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish

Question is there how to move data from DSO to two infocube you described?

former_member197660
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Imran

The distribution of data should be done based on the time dimensions like Calday, Calyear, Calmonth whichever suits your data flow.

Enter the selections or automate it via a routine in DTP's filters to control the data flow in current and history infocube.

Please let me know if you have any specific question about distribution of data.

Ashish

former_member198905
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish

Can you share some link where it describe in steps.

former_member197660
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Imran

Following is the procedure to implement the concept:

1)   Create two infocubes & beneath data loading objects with identical design to load data from source DSO.

2)   One will be to load current data and second to load historical data

3)   Add both infocubes in multiprovider and maintain necessary identification settings

4)   Maintain both the infocubes in infoprovider variable of query

5)   Create a DTP to load data from source DSO to history infocube.

6)   Maintain the selection conditions in DTP filter to load data older than last two fiscal year. (Calday older than dt:31.03.2012)

7)   Execute the DTP, this will load all historical data into history infocube

😎   Create a new DTP to load data into current infocube

9)   Maintain the selection condition in DTP filer to load data from dt:01.04.2012

10) Execute the DTP, this will load the current data to current infocube

11) Add the DTP (created in Step 😎 to the process chain as the subsequent step of source DSO activation.

12) Create a new DTP to load data from current infocube to history infocube as FULL load.

13) Maintain the DTP selection for only one year which you want to load at the end of fiscal year.

14) Create a process chain with the DTP (created in step 12) and execute it once a year after.

15) Add a step for data deletion from the current infocube for the identical selections maintained in Step:13

Note: I assume you are loading deltas from DSO to infocube.

Please let me know in case any clarification is required for any particular step.

Ashish

KodandaPani_KV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

create the diffrent cube for diffrent filters like 1991, 1992

mohd_abdullah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a cube with required Infoobjects......then use this IC as a template for building 9 other .

In DTP,  filter the records based on 0CALYEAR .

By the way why dont you go for partitioning ?

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/33/dc2038aa3bcd23e10000009b38f8cf/content.htm

If you are on BI 7.3 or later version then kindly consider the concept of SPO as well.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-34893

Hope this helps.

Regards.

former_member198905
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah AOA

For SPO when I create a InfoCube with Object type: Semantically Partition Object and check the Semantically Partition check box and create it shows error:

Initialization of semantically partitioned object canceled

Message no. RSLPO_GUI026

How to rectify the error?

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

I think this is an authorization issue..Check with your authorization team..

Check this note:

1715267          -           RSLPO_GUI026 - Initialization of semantically partitioned object cancelled

Regards,

Loed

former_member198905
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Loed

When try to download 1715267 using SNOTE it shows:

SAP Note 0001715267 does not exist

karthik_vasudevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Imran

I was just following this thread and the note that is mentioned doesn't have any manual activities or something. It just says "Add the authorisation object S_RS_LPOA to the user's profile"

So kindly add the required authorization object and continue with your activities.

SNOTE is not the only way to access the note. You can read the note in SAP Market place and check the instructions in it

Hope this helps!

Regards

Karthik

former_member198905
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Karthik for describing the note 1715267.

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is your problem already solved mate?

Loed

former_member198905
Participant
0 Kudos

No our administrator not support any type of partitioning.

former_member198905
Participant
0 Kudos

How to create filters if SPO is not available in DSO?

mohd_abdullah
Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use filter option in the DTP (In extraction tab)...