cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel-Sorting in input schedules writes values on wrong members

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Again, I've a disturbing issue with my input schedule....

Our customer wants the ability to sort the input schedule with the standard excel sorting dialog.  It works fine, but if you want to save data, bpc is writing the values on the wrong members.

For example:

Before sorting the table ProductA is on the first line.

After sorting ProductZ is on the first line.

I add a value to the first line ProductZ and press save.

After refreshing the schedule ProductA is on the first line with the entered valuefrom ProductZ.

The problem is reproducible with every input schedule.

Does anyone has any ideas? I found no notes and no KBA ..

Thanks in advance

Julian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member222556
Contributor
0 Kudos

you can use "Member Sorting and Grouping" option in EPM Report Editor.

I hope that will resolve your issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

Hi Christophe,

we solved the problem with a small VBA function in "before_save". It's not very smart, but it works. We sort by entity-id in rows ascending, using "bpc member sorting" and we restore this sorting in "before save" via VBA.

Julian

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's better to explain users that Excel sorting is prohibited! And distribute a password protected input form...

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried .... They want to use the standard excel sorting .. Moreover the input schedule has to be protected ... After all, the schedule is a good example, for the worst practices ...

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In our company we always managed to resolve issues like this... Why do they need sorting? May be it's possible to rearrange template to make sorting useless?

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

We tried ... but now, they have the application they want.... "who pays for the music, determines what is played" ...

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To my mind your VBA approach is a bit risky... It may not work on the next EPM SP...

Vadim

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Julian,

To my mind, Excel sorting of rows in the input form is simply not supported. BPC member sorting can be used.

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julian, Vadim,

I guess you should use the EPMMemberSortingOverride function. Not clear from your requirements if it could cover all your sorting requirements.

You may want to create a dropdown with the sorting criteria and use that to 'feed' the EPMMemberSortingOverride function(s).

Christophe