cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPM Item DPs & Project Phases are copied twice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My Portfolio Decision Points & corresponding Project Management Phases are copied twice in Item level.

for example: I have two Item types 1. NPD-Proposal which gets changed to 2. NPD- Development also at new Item type NPD Development we can create a Project. Once the project is created the Item Decision points and Project Phases are visible twice at Item initial screen

please see screen shot for more details, please let me know as what is wrong ...

At Decision Point 'Design Inputs', we can change the Item type from NPD-Proposal to NPD-Development

Thanks

Yasar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yasar,

It does not seem duplicated to me or perhaps your screenshot doesn't show everything. From what I can see up to 'Design Inputs' you only have decision points i.e. no mapping to phases and from 'Development' onwards you have mapping to phases - i.e. you have mapped the decision points to phases of the same description.

Can you please check your configuration where you mapped Item template/type to Project Template (and phases)?

Can you confirm your mapping?

Thanks

C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi C

Yes, from Development DP i have mapped to project phases with same description.

but during the Change Process of the Project type, I will select option "delete previous decision points"

so it should basically delete the DPs and replace it with project phases....it is not happening in this case

regards

yasar

mariano_sabiche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Yasar;

It's an standard functionality that you see the DP linked to Phases. I'm making a develop to delete link phases. Users don't like to see duplicated.

Best regards,

Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is there requirement of de-linking phase or just hiding phase from item overview screen?

Regards,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

it is regarding hiding the duplicated Decision point against the project phases, again both should be linked as mapped in configuration

thanks & regards

yasar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mariano,

Thanks for the confirmation, the development which you are doing is SAP standard release ? when it will be avaliable for Customers..

thanks & regards

yasar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yasar,

As mentioned above also, when you have phase mapped with decision points in config, you will always see decision point after phase from project. This is standard screen display. If you maintain different phase description in template it will not appear like duplicating

Unless you do some sort custom enhancement on screen you wont be able to hide phase or decision point.

Regards,

Pramod

mariano_sabiche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yasar;

The development it's a Z (WDA).

Tell me if you need more technical details.

Best regards,

Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mariano,

Thank you for the offer, but we have decide to go with standard.

thanks again

yasr

Answers (0)