Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Todos in Task View?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is it possible to show lines with the comment "TODO in the Task View?

Kind regards,

Florian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

Do you just want to use tasks linked to a line of ABAP code for your personal use?

If yes, "Add Task" from the context menu of the stripe just left of the line number. There where us also add break points.

Sven

12 REPLIES 12

0 Kudos

There is already a thread discussing this, be sure to add your opinion and suggestions there.

Daniel H.

0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

The thread is marked as answered, but I can’t seem to get to know the answer. Will the TODO tags create tasks in Eclipse without needing of SCI or not?

Thank you,
Regards,

Petr Sourek

0 Kudos

Yes

But it's kinda active since the "answer" is from

0 Kudos

Sorry I am blind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

Do you just want to use tasks linked to a line of ABAP code for your personal use?

If yes, "Add Task" from the context menu of the stripe just left of the line number. There where us also add break points.

Sven

0 Kudos

I am wondering, does it work, when I am working on more machines? Or is it simple bound to the workspace?

0 Kudos

Hi Petr,

it is bound to the workspace, where this task list is stored as an xml file.

If you want to use this feature, you have to add the view, in which the tasks are shown via Windows->Show View->Other->General->Tasks.

The advantage of this tasks is, that you do not have to edit the source code. I use it in the situation of re factoring code in respect to a business process, which is distributed via different BADIs.

First I analyse, what has to be done where, then the CR is released by the customer and then I start coding. Where I used to do it on paper in the past, I like to use this tasks.

Cheers,

Peter

0 Kudos

Hi Sven,

thanks for your answer. This is very helpful.

Regards,

Florian

0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

it looks great and to be honest it would be exactly what I need at the moment. (Except when I work on project and I want e.g. give my colleagues to know where to put their functions or where I want them to place some code, which I dont have time to mess with). Yes, I might use some Mylyn connector, but that is what I can use on our company’s sap, not on customers'

I have only one question left. Have you tried to attach 32 and 64 bit AIE to same workspace? I have found that it should be possible (Eclipse Community Forums: Newcomers » Can I work on the same workspace with 32bit and 64bi...), but has anyone tried it yet? Customer constraint I have one machine 64 bit at the office and VPN is using Citrix receiver on 32 bit ones.

Thanks,

Regards,

Petr Sourek

0 Kudos

Hi Petr,

no I have not tried it, but I think that it would work, I have a vm on my laptop. Depending where I am (customer or my own office) I use the vm or laptop with AiE and I use the same workspace by a shared folder of the vm. In this way I share the tasks and others stuff.

By the way did you know, that you can send you colleague a link to an ABAP arifact via Email? If they click it, it will open in AiE.

Cheers,

Peter

0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

yes, but the main problem I would see is in architecture. I gues you have the both „machines“ on the same arch. But on the other hand, I am just a little paranoid.

I have setup the new workspace at work today and I will test it through VPN tomorow and will let you know, how it works together.

Really? That is great. To be honest I am using AiE about a year now, maybe a little longer, since the Kepler Eclipse edition, but I am still learning, since in my surroundings I am the only one so far who is using AiE and trying to show others, that it is step forward in SAP development, but no luck at all (they are mostly conservative types). Even whan I have installed ERP in our company, I made condition, that I will install only 7.4 NW, because I like AiE and I want the new abap features.

The biggest improvement I got in using AiE was during this course - ABAP Development for SAP HANA - Dr. Jasmin Gruschke and Jens Weiser

Thank you,

Regards,

Petr

0 Kudos

Hello,

I have loaded workspace from 64bit Eclipse into the 32bit one and it looks like it works. Well it shows me some „rubish“ at the project level, please see attached picture, like directories starting with dot, but everthing else looks fine. I will try to use it this way sometime and we will see.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Petr Sourek