Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expert group, alert experts and Resolution date in the question threads

jagdeepsingh83
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All

When user raise questions, it will be great if each area moderator able manage a group experts, he can add and remove them based on the expertise level and activity on SDN.

Also I am suggesting  adding new fields in the question section, alert experts and resolution date-  Users can use the option alert experts to seek advice from experts to answer the question and resolution date can be used to automatically lock the thread and send reminder to user who raise the question to post the answer or mark question as answered e.g. that period can be 30 days from resolution date.

I also posted the idea  https://ideas.sap.com/ct/ct_a_view_idea.bix?c=8A060447-ED55-41EB-905E-C077161D66AC&idea_id=6EE1769B-...

I think Priority will not right solution as it is not SAP support. but we can discuss about more making SDN more helpful for users.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jagdeepsingh83
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dropping Idea to creat expert group, alert experts and resolution date.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jagdeep, SCN is not some kind of global SAP Help Desk and I feel that treating it like one (i.e. adding the typical ticket system features) would be a very bad idea. The SCN members are not compensated for their effort and help others at will and when they have time available. No one is entitled to get their question asked with any level of priority or, much less, on certain schedule. (By the way, you won't even get such service from SAP Support unless you pay premium.)

I would be curious though to find what lead you to feel in such way about SCN.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
 it will be great if each area moderator able manage a group experts

Why Moderator?  You yourself can see the topic leaders on your left side under the tab "12-Month Leaderboard". 

Priority (High) can used to alert experts to answer the question

This is not possible.  All SCN members are sharing their knowledge at free of cost and it is purely a voluntary service.  Here you cannot pressurize those members.

G. Lakshmipathi

jagdeepsingh83
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Agreed with you, it is voluntary service- Experts can be formed from the leader board, there should be no pressure on experts to answer. but give user a option to reach experts. we can restrict that user can only alert experts only once. If no answer, he should seek help from SAP support. 

I thought to share a idea as SCN is made experts like you.I totally respect your views. Thanks for sharing your thoughts