cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIR's in alternative UoM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Is it possible to maintain PIR's in alternative UoM, rather than the base UoM?

I have an issue, where the base UoM is PC and the production UoM is CAR and 1 CAR = N x PC (N - conversion factor). The figures in SOP are maintained in CAR, but after transfering to Demand Management they are shown in PC. This makes the maintenance inconveniant, because the conversion factors differ for the different materials

The sales are also done in CAR and in the Stock/requirements list you can see all figures in both UoM, but on the Demand management screen there is no possibility (at least I did not find it) to switch to CAR.

Can you help me?

Thak you in advance.

Peter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

According to the SAP help, the PIRs are entered using the base unit of measure.

Independent requirements are created in Demand Management for all materials whose data has been transferred. These independent requirements are created in the base unit of measure of the material. The base unit of measure of the material is not necessarily the same as the base unit of measure of the information structure or the unit in which you planned the material.

Transfer to Demand Management - Sales & Operations Planning (LO-LIS-PLN) - SAP Library

Kind Regards,

Mariano

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you guys,

this is what I also suspected.

BR,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Standard SAP don't have functionality, but you can control through program while transfering to demand management.

Implement User Exit where you can control theunit of measure.

Regards,

Ravi