SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBBDLD or WP_PLU

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am new to retail and I see some posts regarding this topic.

A). But can someone explain me exactly what are the deciding factors for choosing which idoc type should be used to send data to POS system? (Prices are updated frequently yes.)

B). What information is different in WBBDLD idoc?

C). We are using assortment list functionality in Retail for listing of articles. Is it mandatory to use WBBDLD then?

Can someone shed some light how to explain business to choose which idoc type?

Thanks,

J

7 REPLIES 7

vikrant_mohite
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You mentioned you are using Assortment & listing and your prices are changing frequently so you can use WBBDLD IDoc.

You can use WP_PLU if you are not using assortment lists.

Thanks,

Vikrant.

former_member335292
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Jyothsna,

It would be good to used the WBBDLD idoc as you have more advanced features which includes HPR version as well(wherein you can have multiple prices per article if need be).Also you have the option to send the Article Hierarchy assignment as well.

You also have the controlling option for Initialization,change and manual processing of assortment list which will be sent in the form of WBBDLD** idocs.

Please go through the below link for more details on Assortment list idocs

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/12/084d60470311d1894a0000e8323352/content.html

Hope it helps

Best Regards.

Aram.

0 Kudos

Hi Aram,

Thank you very much for your answer. When I use WBBDLD Idoc type, which of the following Idocs can be supressed. I suppose EAN references can be included in WBBDLD right?

Like that which of the following Idocs can be replaced by WBBDLD?

• Merchandise categories (IDoc category: WPDWGR01)
  • EAN/UPC references (IDoc category: WP_EAN01)
  • Set assignments (IDoc category: WPDSET01)
  • Follow-on items (IDoc category: WPDNAC01)
  • Exchange rates (IDoc category: WPDCUR01)
  • Taxes (IDoc category: WPDTAX01)
  • Person data (IDoc category: WP_PER01)
  • Bonus buys (IDoc category: WPDBBY01)

OR should we need to send all the above besides WBBDLD?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aram,

Thanks for your reply. Let me rephrase my question.

We want to send Article Master & Prices, EAN references, Merchandise heirarchy, Exchange rates, Set assignments, Promotions and Bonus buys.

Which Idocs should be used along side with WBBDLD?

Sending Article master and prices via WBBDLD or WP_PLU has any affect on the other types of idocs that are used?

Thanks

J

0 Kudos

Hi Jyothsna,

WBBDLD IDoc will download Article Master, EANs, Pricing Conditions, Promotions, Tax code for an article. So you will not need WP_PLU, WP_EAN and COND_A idoc separately.

Merchandise category is also a separate IDoc (WPDWGR01).

Bonus Buys are always downloaded separately using WPMA transaction code.

I hope this will help.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Hello Sir,

I am new in IDOC  .

I want to implement IDOC in our company

Please guide me how we implement this

I have little about idea of this

So plz guide me step by step process

Thanks

Ayush Jain

0 Kudos

Hi Ayush,

Please search SCN or google for POS Outbound Profile configuration for the same.

When you say I want to implement IDoc, you have to be specific. IDoc can be used for various purposes. So please elaborate your requirement so that precise solutions can be suggested by various SCN experts.

Thanks.

Amit