cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports SDK question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please excuse me, at the risk of being annoying, I'd like to rephase my prior discussion:

My understanding is I can not use BI 4.x (including Crystal Server 2013) 4.x SDKs (V 14) for unmanaged reports.

So can I use some other SDK to open/view and FILTER Crystal reports which are generated using Crystal Server 2013 but stored as unmanaged reports (outside of CRS) in a folder. Again, I will schedule reports to run (that were created using Crystal 10) using CMS Crystal Server 2013 scheduler and configure CRS to store them in a WIndows OS folder.

Thanks for your time & patience with me,

Best Regards, Joe  

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joe

Great questions.

While using the BI SDK for unmanaged reporting is not supported, it can be done and I've seen it work a number of times. The assemblies would be of version 14.x.

A supported scenario would be using "SAP Crystal Reports, Developer Version for Visual Studio .NET". The assemblies here would be of version 13.x. This version can open and supports reports created in CR 2013, 2011, 2008 and on and on - just like the version 14 assemblies.

Basic code than to open the reports saved in a folder would be:

Dim crReportDocument As New CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument
    crReportDocument.Load("C:\WindowsApplication5\test.rpt")
    CrystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = crReportDocument

There are samples here:

Crystal Reports for .NET SDK Samples - Business Intelligence (BusinessObjects) - SCN Wiki

And dev help is here:

SAP Crystal Reports .NET SDK Developer Guide

SAP Crystal Reports .NET API Guide

Report Application Server .NET SDK Developer Guide

Report Application Server .NET API Guide

(Just added those links for completeness )

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ludek.

I'll let you and the community know how things go for me with this project.

Regards Joe

Answers (0)