cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am using Crystal Reports 2013 with SP3 and Salesforce. I am receiving the following errors.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Failed to retrieve data from the database.  Details: HY000:[Simba][DSI] (40390) Internal error - SwapWriteError.  [Database Vendor Code: 40390].  I believe it is a data problem with a table(s) coming from Salesforce and how CR is handling this data.  I see knowledge article 1976422, which seems similar to my problem.  One problem is I can't seem to find out where to get patch 1 for SP3, as I would like to try that fix first.  I can't find a number for support, so I am hoping someone from the support team reaches out to me.  This has been an ongoing problem since we switched to Salesforce months ago and am about to give up using Crystal Reports.  I am using the out of the box CR Salesforce ODBC connection.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe I finally figured it out.  For some reason whenever I do an order by statement (grouping in Crystal Reports) it is failing and causing the above error.  If I don't group and thus remove all order by statements it works.  Obviously, this helps identify my problem, but doesn't necessarily solve my problem.  It sounds like a software bug.  Anybody have any thoughts?

Answers (0)