cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict users from making changes in existing or creating new Master Agreement types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have provided  only  limited  security access to users.

Users have Limited access to Security profiles-

Application User

Buyers

Buyer Manager

Contract template Manager...

But still are able to change the Agreement types.. Please guide me to restict the users.

Thanks

Sandy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rosemary,

Thank you again, The users have been assigned to one group -PS contract access - which again comprises of Application User, Buyers, Buyer Manager, Contract template Manager. And the Security Profiles for all the above mentioned  are set to 'Deny ' Permission to Create or Change Master Agreement Types...

You can let me know your good time for a web meeting i am in PST timing.

Thanks

Sandy

former_member200421
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

If all the Security Profiles are set to Deny the Permission to Create or Change Master Agreement Types, then the user should not be able to Create or Change.  One thing to check is the Groups that users might be associated with.  If a Group has a profile that includes the ability to Create or Change Master Agreement Types and the user belongs to that Group, then the user will also be able to Create or Change Master Agreement Types by virtue of being part of that Group.

You should check all of the Security Profiles for these permissions to be sure that they are not enabled.  You should also check all of the Groups to be sure that users are not associated with a Group that has a Security Profile is giving them a permission that you don't want them to have.

The permissions that a particular user has is the sum of all of the permissions granted in the Security Profiles assigned to their User AND to the Groups that they are a member of.

If you still find you have a problem, please let me know how to contact you and we can do an Web meeting.

Thank you,

Rosemary

former_member200421
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

You probably need to check each of the profiles for access rights for Master Agreement Types.  In the Security Profile below for Contract Template Manager, you can see that anyone with this Security Profile will have the permission to both Create and Edit Master Agreement Types.  You want to be sure that these permissions are set to "Deny" so that they users that have the profile cannot create or edit.  You might want to check the other profiles to be sure that these permissions are not set to "Allow" in other profiles.

Hope this helps,

Rosemary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Rosemary for the response.  As mentioned we have given limited access to users and the access right to change Master Agreement types  in all the security profile is set to ' Not Set' Option.  Is there any thing particular set ups or security profiles need to be changed, for restricting users in changing agreeement types.

Thank you in advance

Sandy