Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anybody tell me what is the future of SAP?I mean if I set an aim for pursuing my career in SAP/ABAP module ,then is it a good decision?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done Masters in Computers.I have worked as a web developer in some companies,but those are not only low paying jobs but also there are very little scope of growth there ,so I want to shift.Does doing live projects in ABAP would help me to get a job in ABAP?Is the ABAP jobs are only for experienced candidates in SAP or I can get the job in ABAP too?Which are the best institutes for doing ABAP live projects on real server in Kolkata,India?Is it mandatory to learn one functional module with ABAP?Is it possible to get a job in ABAP without being SAP certified ABAP Programmer ?All the Experts in this domain kindly answer .

3 REPLIES 3

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was once in the same situation as you! Qualified, but a bit dissatisfied with the IT industry until I found SAP. It's a hard area to break into, but well worth the effort. It's interesting, challenging and rewarding.

I recommend that you get yourself some real SAP training. It's expensive but well worth it when you score that first position. Then try to get a job - any job - with a large company that uses SAP. Then work your way into the SAP department.

Knowing a functional module is useful but not required. As a SAP technical person you are expected to handle any module they may throw at you.

Forget about certification for now, that won't help. Experience is the golden prize.

good luck

Paul

0 Kudos

..What an Explanation ! Awesome!

As suggested by Paul, Please join any SAP authorized training institute and grab  ABAP training And getting Certification may help you to get a Job it adds value in your profile but its NOT AT ALL Mandatory. so after training try to join any Company and get some real time experience.

former_member1716
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Misra,

Yes ABAP is the best module to select if you are more interested in Coding. Try to work on the module for 2-3 yrs, try understanding the full end to end cycle functionality of the objects you deal with. ABAP is common for all functional Module. If you code objects with functional knowledge of that module then you need not spend time separately for understanding the Functional part of that module. Experience is more worthier than the Certification. The More time you spend the more you can gain.

All the best,

Regards,

Satish