Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PP interface issues

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

What kind of interface would work in a scenario where product costing has to be done in PP (to-be) but as of now  done in mainframes(as-is).the client wants BOM which is as of now in mainframes(COPICS)  to be transferred to SAP and costing has to be executed in SAP after transferring costing relevant datas from MF to SAP

.I am thinking of coding  an interface between mainframes and SAP which will transfer BOM from MF to SAP-.other master datas  like routing,work centre,material can either be LSMWed to SAP or transferred to SAP from MF via an interface.

I know coding an interface is not going to be that easy given the compatibility  issues, is there any interface readily available  just like CIF that works between ECC and APO  ? or would you please suggest an alternative idea.because the project I am currently in is not a typical implementation project –it involves two masculine systems mainframes and SAP. a strange combination indeed !

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jagamohandas
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul

To Carry out product costing you need to have the BOM and Routing on SAP Side.So you need to build at least the BOM and routing inbound interface in SAP.

There is no standard inbound interface available for this.Though we have standard outbound interface for BOM and routing.

Message type for BOM - LOIBOM ,routing-LOIROU,Work centre-LOIWCS.

Normally SAP is the leading system interms of master data when we deal with interface but in your case it is different.

You can refer LOIBOM,LOIROU etc for building your segment and try to build the interface.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,

Jagmohan

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks a lot jagmohan ..i will do some homework based on your input and will get back to you.because I am absolutely clueless regarding interface

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi  ,

Mainframes is written in COBOL,and SAP coding done with ABAP-Now to construct an interface between two ,DATA structures DATA type may vary in both systems,how do i address this- if BOM in mainframes has to auto populate in SAP screens like CS02  ,How should I proceed ? 

do you know of any link or doc.  that explains all these intricate details.

sorry for sounding so naive.this is a new scenario for me.

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi  ,

Mainframes is written in COBOL,and SAP coding done with ABAP-Now to construct an interface between two ,DATA structures DATA type may vary in both systems,how do i address this- if BOM in mainframes has to auto populate in SAP screens like CS02  ,How should I proceed ? 

do you know of any link or doc.  that explains all these intricate details.

sorry for sounding so naive.this is a new scenario for me.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

RO,

I think you are asking this question in the wrong forum.  Depending upon the actual requirements, building a robust interface between two systems is not a trivial task.  Many people buy third party middleware to do this.  SAP also offers its own functionality called Process Integration (repackaged from the older Exchange Infrastructure).  I don't do much in this area, but I have seen that the SCN PI folks have developed a nice Wiki at

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/Process+Orchestration+-+Process+Integration+-+Exchange+Infra...

You might want to re-ask such question(s) in their forum

If you are willing to use asynchronous processing, and your requirements are pretty lean, you could just conceptually have your COBOL IT counterparts create files periodically, which you could import to a SAP server, and then use those files as inputs to self-made programs that would front-end data into SAP ERP.  Obviously, you would be using methods (on both ends) that you develop yourself.

From the sound of your client, this will not be the end of his requests for integration.  Whatever you decide to do, make sure it is scalable.

If I were in your position, and there was noone available locally who had done this before, I would hire an external consultant with PI or middleware experience to do the work.  In the end, the client's total cost of the interface solution (development, testing, implementation, ongoing maintenance) will probably be smaller than whatever a novice might be able to create from scratch.

Best Regards & Good Luck,

DB49

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi DB my hearty welcome on behalf of my new Mexican project, new client,and new challenges. Your very presence is electrifying my cubicle ,its true I am sitting on something very complicated ,I have asked  to speak to the client to  shell out some extra dollars to establish the connectivity, because if I start coding for interface that will become a project within a project, an extra burden of sorts.
I guess I continue in in this forum Process Integration (PI) & SOA Middleware

Answers (0)