cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Effect of Periodic Lot Size in Replenishment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I bring goods from Factory to my country. Both are managed in the same SAP.

Factory see my forecast, and every day TLB suggest how much it is needed to load for my country and when.

In a lot of materials, in MM03, I have periodic lot size of 3 days.

My question is: Does this parameter any effect in TLB proposal to my warehouses? Does this parameter any effect in my replenishment?

If not, What is this parameter for?

Thank you very much in advance,

Julia

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Julia,

The lot size will tell you how the system is going to group the dependent requirements when the replenishment order is created. Suppose that you have a daily demand of 10CS. If your lot size is 3 days, then you will see that the system will create a purchase requisition or a planned order for 30CS every 3 days. If your lot size is WB (weekly) the system will create 1 purchase requisitions or planned order of 50 CS per week (weeks with 5 days), etc...

Now TLB is used basically to load the trucks from the requisitions. You will use TLB to group your requisitions into a purchase order...

So the relationship between the lot size and TLB is not direct.. the lot size will tell you how the requisitions are created. TLB reads the requisitions and then you have to decide what to do with these requisitions...

Kind Regards,

Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Be careful 

It will really be every 3 days. 

Tomorrow it will create a new pur req for the next 3 days of demand.

as TLB probably create the STO for the 3 days worth of demand yesterday, the new pur req will be for one day's worth of demand.  So now you will have a pur req for every day as every day the next 3 days of demand is not totally met.

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Thank you very much for your answer.. I think I am very close to understand, I only would like to make sure before closing the question:

Really, when I have in MM03 periodic lot size of 3 days, what I see in SNP in line "Distribution Receipt" is logical to me: I see 1 quantity every 3 days.

However, what it is not clear is why in line "Distribution Receipt Confirmed", the TLB in the morning propose 1 quantity every day (in some cases)

If I understood well your answers, this is because TLB is trying every day to full 3 days, am I right?

Thank you very much in advance,

Julia

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Julia,

TLB works based on the purchase requisitions created by SNP and then confirmed by the Deployment.

Check if you are running the deployment. Check also what is the strategy used for the deployment. A push deployment could explain what you see.

As you can read in the SAP help, basically SNP creates the orders, Deployment confirms the orders and then you create the shipments using TLB.

Stock transfers that are generated during the SNP planning process and updated in every planning phase. The distribution receipt shows the receiving location's view of these stock transfers (the view from the supplying location is provided by the distribution demand). Thefollowing three different forms of distribution receipt exist, depending on the SNP planning phase:

• Planned distribution receipt: This refers to the SNP stock transfers that are generated during the SNP run.
  • Confirmed disribution receipt: This refers to the deployment stock transfers that are generated during the deployment run.
  • TLB-confirmed distribution receipt: This refers to the TLB shipments that are generated during the TLB run.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ewm70/helpdata/en/36/5c0728046922e3e10000009b38f983/content.htm

TLB should not group or change the frequency in which you create the requistions.

Kind Regards,

Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I will investigate the strategy used,

thank you very much,

Julia