cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

billing output determination for Orignal and Duplicate print

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I have a requiremet to send the invoice form to printer.

but here, i need to send original form to print on Printer01 and duplicate form on different printer for example printer02.

I have maintained printer01 in output type condition record based on billing type and sale organisation and it determines while creating a invoice and original form send to printer01.

but how to maintain a printer02 for duplicate form print.

Thanks in adavance for your valuble response.

Regards,

Munvar Basha. 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Munvar,

This is very common and simple requirement. Many clients are having different requirements on original and duplicate copy of invoices like different printers, different layout, water mark with "duplicate", and other text to indicate duplicate.

The solution is, ask your ABAP guy to have a logic in your smartform or script to check the duplicate invoice based on table NAST field ANZAL, if the values here is more than 1 for your invoice number and output type, means duplicate. In this case change the printer/layout in ABAP.

Hope this will help you.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bheem,

Thanks!

When I trigger a printout of my bill, still my number of messages in NAST is 0. why is this?

TW

Message was edited by: TW Typewriter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for all your resonses,

From NAST i can able to get orginal or duplicate form, based on that i am added watermark as "DUPLICATE" on the form.

this is requirement of printer... we need to use different when printing duplicate form.

Thanks,

Munvar Basha.

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Munvar,

you need to create 2 output if you want it to  print on 2 prniters usng standard SAP as I mentioned above.

Other option will be zdevelopment then you may check if  FM 'SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_SEND_API1'
support this.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

your ABAPer can help you more to change the printer in Driver program using some function module.

One I found is GET_PRINT_PARAMETERS, please see if this helps.

OR else,

the next option is to create new output type for duplicate.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TW

Please check if your prinout is processed or not. Is it in green status or yellow?

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bheem,

It was processed and having green traffic light.

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

In that case, I can't say anything without looking into the system.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Munvar,

How will system differentiate between original and duplicate printouts?

not exactly this issue but helpful

TW

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

In standard sap, you need to create 2 output type one for original and second for copy. assign both to different printer.....

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Neeraj,

So user will have to manually choose the printer, depending upon first time or subsequent times of execution?

Might lead to human error.

TW

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

no need to.... he is triggering both output at same time so same condtion record will work.. In addtion to this for copy output he can add logic to print  always copy in output... so one output will print original and anoter copy and print in different printer....

He may add logic to check NAST table to check processing status and block original output if its already processed. this will make sure that original will print only 1 time....

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Neeraj,

Thanks!

In NAST which field are you suggesting? field name

VSTAT has 3 options not processed, successfully processed and incorrectly processed.

TW

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

I will suggest to check processing status '1'. So if output already has status 1 (Sucessfully processed) then may be stop for determining automatically further.

Regards

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Munvar,

related to Neeraj's suggestion.

TW

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes.. as I suggested  earlier for original and duplicate checking 'processing status' field will give correct result.

Checking field ANZAL (Number of copies) will not give correct result if requirement is to catch original output and copied one..