cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract data not getting copied for service ticket follow up complaint.

naval_bhatt4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are creating a complaint as a follow-up document to service ticket . But the contract data is not getting copied.

We contacted SAP and they told us that its a standard behavior .The reply is basically an SAP note

841830 - Contract data not copied to follow-up transaction

My question is is there a way to change this behavior using CRM_COPY_BADI ?

I tried to look for the method which I can implement to get the contract data in items, But I was not able get it .

Please suggest the way to get it working

Thanks in advance .

Naval

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

naval_bhatt4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

Thanks for all the answers , In our case the issue was with the transaction type configuration .

We have to declare in IMG-> CRM-> Transaction -> Transactionbasics ->

when defining the transaction type  for the Initial document we have to declate it as a template (Drop down value B , which takes it even for the items ).

Cheers,

Naval

naval_bhatt4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

The above solution causes another issue .... the documents created after adding the temheplate are not visible in the service ticekt UI Web UIsearch .

Any suggestions ...?

Regards,

Naval Bhatt. 

naval_bhatt4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Please not that the contract determination works fine when creating a new complaint ... but when the I am trying to create a complaint from service ticket the item level contract determination is not working fine ...

We have configured that the contract should be determined at the item level only option `F`.

I checked in one of the sap document that this cant be achieved by standard .

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm70/helpdata/en/46/5cd7335bbd516fe10000000a114a6b/frameset.htmhttp://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm70/helpdata/en/46/5cd7335bbd516fe10000000a114a6b/frameset.htm

Is there a way we can put this code in the BADI eg; CRM_SERVICE_CONTRACT ?? Please note that there is already an implementation of CRM_SERVICE_CONTRACT which is working fine for new service document creation .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naval,

Follow up document  is SAP standard, your issue  could be configuration missing . Please follow SAP best practice configuration.

Please check this thread as well..

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3535684

Mohamed Buhari Ak

0 Kudos

Hi Naval,

Please try the method 'DOC_FLOW' or 'ORDERADM_I' in the Definition 'CRM_COPY_BADI'.

Thanks

Kiran Katla

dharmakasi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naval,

There will be something called appointments method in copy badi, i hope you can use that method to update the contract end date.

Best Regards,

Dharmakasi.

naval_bhatt4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply dharma ,

But its not the date ... issue is that the contract number is not getting copied .

dharmakasi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, where do you want to copy the contract number.

naval_bhatt4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Contract number is in the service ticket item ... and we want to copy it to the follow up document (a complaint ) item .

dharmakasi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In that case you can use BTfollow up component. While you are doing create follow up you will be getting a popup to select items from service ticket to complaint, at that time choose button event will trigger. You can code in that event, it will be available in BTfollowup bsp component one of the view.

Best Regards,

Dharmakasi.