Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DDIC Activation error during SPAM update

former_member183044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

When i am doing the SPAM upgrade ,during the DDIC activation phase an error occured and the update has been stopped. i have been doing this for 2 days. But still it is showing error.

Please help.

Regards

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Praveen,

You must show much more information about the error for anyone to be able to help you. The screenshot only indicates that you're trying to import Basis 7.31 sp3 and that it stopped in the DDIC_ACTIVATION phase. There can be a lot of reasons for that.

The first question is, have you tried simply restarting the import from where it stopped? Sometimes DDIC activation errors are momentary, and upon repeating the phase of the import they will go away.

If you've done that and the error still shows up, then you need to show the queue import or action log. Press the button that looks a bit like a scroll (or Shift-F9) to get the log. It should expand to the phase where the error occurs and from there you can drill into more detailed logs for that phase.

Note also that Basis support packs are usually imported along with BW, PI_BASIS, and other support packs in a group. Although it's not necessarily always a problem to import just a Basis SP by itself, it's usually not recommended. If there is a specific fix you were looking for that led you to this, you may have been better off implementing the single Note with the fix if you didn't want to import the entire sp stack.

This is a DEV system, right? Or a sandbox?

Regards,

Matt

former_member183044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the reply. Firstly it was one of import error. Then i again imported the queue one more time. at that time, this error has occured.

I have done the upgrade bcoz previously i have error in DB13. in DB13, when i click on the date which i have to take the backup, the DYNPRO error is showing. When i checked on that in scn, i got one note regarding DYNPRO error stating that we need to update the level from 2 to 3.

Thats why i went for SPAM upgrade.

Pls note this is a dev system(IDES).

Awaiting ur earliest reply..

Regards

Praveen

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Just next to the import truck icon there is a magnifying glass for "Queue status", "Import logs of the queue" and also "Action log of the queue". have you checked these ? Alternatively there will be activation logs in the <DIR_TRANS>/log directory for the package in error.

former_member183044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Reagan,

Thanks for the update. I'll check the same and will let u know asap.

Regards

Praveen

Answers (0)