cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Role of SAP MM in Company code address change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have got a ticket from SAP FI team to do my work in change of company code address. As I know if we change company code address it will automatically show in Purchase order print out. I know if the user want any change in PO print layout then I have to work with Abapers regarding that. Is there any other work I need to do in this ticket. Please suggest me

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In our system setup it would be FI who is responsible to change company code addresses.

If your current company code address is printed somewhere on the form, and your programmer took this address from the right source, then it will automatically change in the form  if you change the address in the customizing of company code, and there would not be any need to talk to an ABAPer as an address change is not a layout change at all.

In any case you should build your knowledge on your own system and it's design in-house by asking your colleagues and supervisors. Here we can only educate you about standards.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your valuable suggestions..

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your SAP FI team will carry out company code address chnage's as required but you can check logic in different layouts( PO print layout,ERS layout and Payment advice layout etc...) and change with ABAPer if there are hard-coded values.

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

It also depends on your organizational structure and if any other addresses in your system may be the same as the company code.  For example, it may be worth checking on Sales Org, Plant, Shipping Point, or other org levels that contain address data just to be sure.

jagdeepsingh83
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This should be done at project level by FI person. As change in company code address, also may change address information getting printed on FI documents, SD documents etc.. Even if you change it, then other team who are using the company address will come back to you to correct it. This may results in more tickets. But normally FI consultant is responsible for Company code changes and communicate down the line to all the consultants of other modules so that they can test their objects where company address is used.