cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality notification activation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

When I record defect for inspection lot in QA32, there are two buttons on the head of the defect recording view, "Activate Notification" and "Process Notification". If I do not click "Activate Notification" and save the defect, the Notification is still created automatically, the difference is that the Notification gets status DEFR, only when the Notification is activated then DEFR status disappear.

My question is: what is the real impact of "Activate Notification" and Notification status DEFR? If I create quality notification bot from defects recording, do I still need to activate it?

Regards

Danny

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Danny, your observations are correct! System creates quality notification with status DEFR as soon as you record and save defects against inspection lot in QA32 without activating it. The status DEFR signifies that defect recording is done against inspection lot and the notification is not activated.

What exactly is achieved by clicking on activate notification?

1. You can keep the notification open even after the UD is given against lot.
  2. The status DEFR automatically disappears when you activate the notification.

So in my opinion if you are just recording the defects for documentation purpose and not going to record its why why analysis then you need not necessarily click on Active Notification. System will set the status as DEFR and this notification will be closed as soon as you give UD. (You can not record causes, activities and tasks once it is closed)

But if you have a situation where you want to record causes, activities and tasks against this notification after the UD is given, you have to activate the notification prior to UD.

The path provided by Nancy is quite useful and you can get more info on the same with F1 help!

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Thanks for your explanation. One more thing: what is the button "Put in Process" in QM02 used for?

Thanks

Danny

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Danny, as per my understanding it is used when you actually start the work on the notification. Let us consider this flow

1. You have received complaint from customer. To record that you created notification.
  2. Default it remains in outstanding mode
  3. After lodging the complaint details in to system, you form a team to address this and complete its why why analysis, where you find actual root cause and then decide what should be done to overcome these causes.
  4. This analysis takes some time and the notification remains open till the time. These different statuses help users from reporting point of view to segregate which are in process and which are not yet addressed
  5. So my understanding is
    • When the notification is created - Outstanding
    • When you actually start analysis work - You should put the same in put in process state
    • When you are done with all analysis and actions - You should mark notification as complete

Anand

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Nancy
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Danny,

When notification is created from defects recording, then the notification gets system status DEFR (Defects were recorded). Only notifications with this status are automatically completed when UD is

made.

You can also activate the notification automatically by the following customizing:

transaction SPRO

-> Quality Management

-> Quality Planning

-> Catalog

-> Basic Data

-> Define Defect Classes

-> double click on the defect class used in your case

-> check the radio button 'Activate Q-notification'

See its F1 help for more details.

Best regards,

Nancy

krishnamurty_madduri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Danny,

Defects Recording is one type of activity in QM. It may or may not result in creating a Notification. In case you want to create a Notification through these Defects, there is "Activate" notification icon that enables you to create a Notification with this Defect data in the Notification. Here, I think you get the the Notification DEFR. In such Notifications, you can see the reference to Defect Record 

So, even after Recording Defects, you need to activate the Notification to create a Notification.

Hope this clarifies your point. Regards, KrishnaM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishina,

Even if I didn't click "Activate Notification", the Notification was still created after saving the defect recording. The Notification status is OSNO NOTE DEFR, after activating the notification the status DEFR disappeared.

Regards

Danny