Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rant: causality-chain-fail

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So, here's the deal:

1. I have a problem with the field control handling in one of the WDAs we use --> debugging --> it appears to be a standard issue

2. Tracing with ANST (btw Kudos to ANST!) before opening a message to find available standard corrections

3. Find one that matches my problem.

4. I try implementing it --> It doesn't work since some dependent objects that are meant to be changed don't exist in the system.

5. Force-Implementing doesn't work either (sometimes it does)

6. No side effects available, no notes availabe that touch the affected repository objects

7. Open a Support message for BC-UPG-NA

8. (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻

Only an update on Amit's "It's Friday"-thread can save this mondayish Friday :<

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lukas, I found most recently that somehow posting a Status Update on SCN works much better than the official SAP support chanels. Our EHP6 upgrade would still be stuck if it wasn't for our Fairy Godmother.

I wish I could join your rant but our consequent incident regarding an invoice IDoc still has not even been opened by SAP (well, it's been only 12 days, I'm not losing hope yet), So I'm still just looking forward to repeating the same information.

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, it works if fairy godmothers happen to subscribe to your status updates.

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, what do you know. They do exist! ().

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Fairy Godmother has contacted me! Hoping for the best >.<

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
  • My message has been taken over by somebody who was able to talk to me and told me exactly what he needed from me
  • The message was reassigned to the corresponding software component, since the note was indeed faulty / not possible to implement standalone
  • The Owner of the note was contacted
  • The Note was updated so it makes sense now

If you'll excuse me now, I have to get working on a shrine for Kristen.

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vitamin B is good for you.

B = Beziehungen ("connections" in German). ^^

krscheffler
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

No shrine necessary Lukas!  Happy to help!

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is fantastic! Kristen truly does have a magic wand, and when she waves it all manner of good things happen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great that for active contributors who are also Coffee Corner enabled to see that there is some special attention and the process is constructively is reconsidered in general (even if based on rants).

Super!

Julius

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friday is the day you got fried.

One more.

/.

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I wanted to replicate your experience but as I am not a customer I have no access number to your view of the support portal (or at least I don't understand how to do that in your behest).

So I went in through my version of loggings CSS and got:

The specified component is either not
valid or blocked for creating new messages

Perhaps that message is still not comforting but at least it is in a character set I can read.

Ah....to be grateful for life's little pleasures.

And to empathize deeply with the challenges of really logging this stuff (expletive deleted so as to avoid abuse report)

Happier Friday

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marilyn,

to be honest I didn't understand the least bit of what you just posted

Anyway, could be I'm just too groggy by now after 5h of debugging GUIBB based WDAs.

Nice Weekend!

Cheers, Lukas

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Translation: I feel your pain.

See this link for reference: http://scn.sap.com/thread/3640669

I wanted to experience what you experienced.  I had a few minutes of frustration. You had hours.

Hope you have a better weekend than your Friday.

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<RANT>

And it continues!

9. Global Support (I assume it's the global support, god help us if it's not) piecewise requests information I have already provided in my opening post of the Support Message

10. I provide all the information twice and thrice

11. Global Support pastes the manual pre-implements described in the node into the support message "After you've done this you will be able to implement the note without any issue"

12. THIS is why roaches will inherit this planet.

It's reassuring to know the Support doesn't even read what I'm writing anymore, they probably just half-read the subject, ignore everything else and just flail around with the utmost ignorance until the customers buy a rivalry product. Spoiler: The SAP Support is secretly working for Oracle

</RANT>

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I wanted to get you a nice, uplifting quote, but all I got was

Smile and the world smiles with you, cry and you cry alone.

But it's Friday, isn't that somehow uplifting in itself? ^^