Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to link SAP SCN account to SAP OSS account

petr_solberg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

as the new support.sap.com Portal is being rolled out, and more and more links in the service.sap.com redirect to pages in support.sap.com, I am getting a problem.

Here's the situation:

In my browser I have

a window where I am logged into SCN.sap.com as my personal SCN User

a window where I am logged into Service.sap.com where I am logged in with the S User provided by the company I work for

then I navigate around on Service.sap.com and get redirect to new pages on SUPPORT.sap.com

but when I get redirected to SUPPORT.sap.com I am logged on as my personal SCN User and not my Company provided OSS User

and consequently I am getting errors like this and it is stopping me:

How to solve this ?

At the moment I don't have time to figure it out and need to close all browsers to be

able to work with SUPPORT.sap.com

Thanks and best regards,

Andy.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I have had to resort to multiple browsers (chrome, Firefox and IE) to work with my SCN account, personal s number abd client s number

very frustrating

I recall someone else mentioning IE browser with private sessions

regards

Colleen

petr_solberg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

yes indeed, I am using FireFox for everything else, and IE for SUPPORT.sap.com

Nice to know it's not only me.

Best regards,

Andy.

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Also when it gets "confused" I will go to accounts.sap.com and log out from there before logging in again. The training.sap.com authentication to accounts.sap.com to redirect to Successfactors for sap learning hub causes me the most grief if I want to logon to marketplace or SCN with a different account.

petr_solberg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there is a trick for IE (which I have used when working with multiple SAP Portals)

described in this Note

1462523 - Session sharing in portal perspective - IE version >= 8

Basically, open the IE like this:

Start -> Run -> iexplore -nomerge

I haven't tested it yet for this scenario but it might help until SAP come with a solution.

Andy.

petr_solberg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ok, opening Internet Explorer with the command iexplore -nomerge is a work around which works for me

Andy

ionbarbu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

Would it also not be possible to use the 'File -> New Session' command instead of having to manually trigger the nomerge option?

Regards

Ion Barbu