cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual/Unplanned depreciation on land

stevejohnson
Participant
0 Kudos

I need to post manual or unplanned depreciation on land, which has 0000 depreciatin key. I am trying via ABMA or ABAA, but I get error:

Transaction in area 01 contradicts the net book value rule

Message no. AA660

Does it mean that special depreciation key is needed for assets, which are not depreciated but still some time in very rare cases depreciation may need to be posted?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check the net book value rules in transaction OADB for your leading depreciation area 01.

Regards,

Sridhar

stevejohnson
Participant
0 Kudos

Only positive and zero are allowed. I think this is correct?

former_member190652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, normally it is the standard setting.  So, how much you would like to depreciate now for the land ?  Is this making the NBV less than zero by your depreciation ?

stevejohnson
Participant
0 Kudos

I posted aquistion of 1000 Euro, and whatever I enter in ABMA or ABAA using t type 600 I get this error - I tried 100, tried 10, same result.

former_member190652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Oh ok.  You are using transaction type 600 which is related to prior year acquisitions.  Since you posted an acquisition this year, use the transaction type 610 rather.  Hopefully you should not get the error now.

stevejohnson
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you - it works with 610 : )

But it posted a document only in AA, not in FI: Then I run ASKB but didn't pick it up. How would the FI posting happen then?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steve ;

You should run AFAB to post FI/GL.

BR

Aydın

former_member190652
Contributor
0 Kudos

The G/L accounts in Financial Accounting are not initially affected by this posting transaction. Asset line items are created, but no FI posting documents. The general ledger accounts are updated and the corresponding FI documents are created by the periodic depreciation posting run. The system then determines the depreciation to be posted up to a specific period, and creates the accompanying posting documents.

So, you need to run AFAB to post to GL.

stevejohnson
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you.

former_member193513
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve

I hope you have received answers to your questions

But i have a small question, can you please guide me

Land is an asset which will never be depreciated and even as per the accounting standards we will not calculate depreciation on land

May i know what is your requirement was, to calculate depreciation on land

Thanking you in anticipation

Regards

Prasad

Answers (0)