Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change in PR Qty/Price should update the existing PO

former_member190990
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

The requirement is -

PR created - approved - Aut PO conversion via ME59N - PO created.

Now when there is a quantity or price change in PR, after ME59N is run, it should update the existing PO instead of creating a new PO (current settings).

Please suggest how to take this with the technical team as they are unable to achieve this via user exit.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Akash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jagdeepsingh83
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Akash

PR is internal document, where valuation price to used get approval for estimated price or actual inside the company whereas PO is external document, price in the PO is not controlled by internal departments who raise PRs. it is controlled by the vendors and market.

Increase in PR quantity can be possible, but if you add that quantity to PO, you have to change PO quantity as part of PO amendment or change in the PO. Increase in Quantity, vendor may agree to existing price or may ask different price. Also there may be change in Freight or taxes.

I would recommend not to adopt the this approach as there are lot of external factors come into picture when you try to change the approved PO.

Reduction in PR quantity is not possible if PO is already placed.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

Hi Akash,

Were you able to add the new PR line to an existing PO through me59n? I have a similar requirement from client could some help on this..

Thanks,

Kavin

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As of my knowledge, there are no standard solution.

You may can check the flexible own development. By using an badi/exit you can do that.

The logic will be, whenever you will update the EBAN table, system will check the existing PO number associated with this PR number, then system will update the PO number (EKPO table) automatically as per your requirement.

, then consult with your ABAP team.

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can look for BAPI which will help your requirement, when you change PR, the respective PO will be changed.

But you can do updation of PO from PR chnage's before PO release process start! Once PO released, your PO reached vendor and after that PO changes are not advisable.

Regards,

Biju K

former_member190990
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bijay,

Here we do not have release strategy for POs, so I am trying to understand from business - the reason for this requirement. If they send POs to vendor manually with own transaction, I think there is a point in updating PO with new qty of price before it is sent to the vendor. Lets see what reason they have behind this.

Thanks for your responses.

Regards,

Akash

former_member190990
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen,

Will update on this soon.

Regards,

Akash

former_member190990
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

I was not successful in getting the exact reason for this requirement. But I was told that there will be a change PO which will go through to the vendor again. Still, it holds good only until the vendor has not started sending the goods. So, lets see how they take this further.

Thanks for your time!

Regards,

Akash

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is not foreseen and doesn't make much sense either. If the PO is out with a wrong price then the vendor should contact the buyer and buyer should change the PO in ME22N.

If you do not have a buyer for auto POs and the vendor is talking directly to the requester then the requester should have the rights to change the PO with ME22N  instead of changing a referenced document.

If you change a material master today, then it does as well not affect existing info records or POs created yesterday. That is just the basic design of SAP ( and any integrated system I have worked with since the 80s )

former_member190990
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Thanks for the mail, agreed to you.

Even I am not fully convinced with this functionality and I am awaiting information from business to completely understand this functionality and reason behind this.

At this point, what would your suggestion be?

Regards,

Akash

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Consult the business on the above mentioned basic designs.

If you can't convince them then write an extra report that reads the changed PR and calls a BAPI to change the PO price