cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail Notification for Project Milestone due

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

In the Project Management business scenario, is there anywhere which I can set email notification alert for project milestone due date is reached?  Or, maybe we can set the alert send to the person-in-charge one week in advance?

I can't find any related alert in the subscribe task list too.

I can only see a Mail Notification checkbox which is used for notifying the project manager when a work package is assigned.  This cannot do what we are expecting, though.

Any alternative way to do it?

Thanks and regards,

Norine

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Norine,

Please let me know if this is what you are looking for.

1) Go to => Business Configuration => Implementation Project => Open Activity List.

1.2) Find and open the “Business Task Management for Projects” activity - make sure to add this activity first.

1.3) Select “Revise Project Baseline <Baseline Name> Version <Project Baseline version> of Project <Project ID> <Project Name>”
1.4) Set the “Due Date”.

1.5) Click “Save and Close”.

2) Go to => Home => Inbox => Subscribe to Tasks.

2.1) Expand => Project management => Projects.

2.2) Check the following checkbox:

Revise Project Baseline <Baseline Name> Version <Project Baseline version> of Project <Project ID> <Project Name>

2.3) Click “Save and Close”.

2.3) From now on you will be notified by email about new Business Task Management items created in the system related to it.

Regards,

Cristiano Rosa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cristiano

Thanks for your reply.  I am actually looking for some kind of notification regarding milestone invoicing for projects.

As the group of people who maintain and update the project plan are consultants while the group of people who responsible for invoicing will be in the finance team, we are hoping that finance will be notified once the milestones are due / completed.  Moreover, we are finding a way to remind the consultants of the milestone due date too.

Currently, even if we use milestone invoicing, finance won't be notified automatically.  There will be a invoice request generated overnight but if finance didn't login and check, they won't know that it is ready to be invoiced.

For the procedures that you quoted, you mentioned that notification will be sent for new task creation.  This might not suit our purpose but it is good to know.

Thanks and regards,

Norine

BettinaSch
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Christiano,

I came across your post when searching for e-mail notification within projects. I would like to use the "mail notification" checkbox (projects - project plan - basic data) -> notification to the person responsible for the project and/ or the one responsible for the task whenever new project tasks are assigned.

I already went through the first part of your description above - adding Business Task Management for Projects. Unfortunately it does not work out as planned. Are there any additional settings required to use this functionality?

Thank you in advnace for your support.

Regards, Bettina

SahalyaBegum
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

The functionality works when the work packages (Project task) are assigned by the team member using Assign to me button from workpackages view, then the Mail Notification will be triggered to the person responsible for the task and the project manager.

BettinaSch
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you Sahalya for your response! This works out.