cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to assign More than one payment Medium DMEE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I have question, let say we have two house banks each of them using different payment medium format. Payment Then Medium Segregated by Co.Code and House Bank

I want to create the payment medium with DME Engine.

What I do is:

1. Create Payment Medium Format OBPM1 and mapping using DMEE,

2. Assign the format to Payment Method,

3. Create variant for program SAPFPAYM

4. Assign Variant to payment medium in OBPM4

5. Create DMEE PAYM with name same as Payment Medium Format.

The question is I can only assign 1 Payment medium format to payment method ( in step 2), Since the assignment only one to one how can I use different payment format for different house bank then ?

If I create another payment format, then I have also need to create another payment method, that is not desired, since it will make so many payment method.

Hopefully my question is clear.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Bohdan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rama,

you pointed out correctly, that there is only one-to-one assignment possible for payment method / payment format relationship. It's really a limitation. My suggestion is to create another payment method (by copying) and to link it to the new payment format.

On my project, we decided to create a couple of methods and each method was used only in one specific bank. Thus, when you choose payment method in F110 you also explicitly choose a house bank, from which payments will be made.

Best regards,

The Wirtschaftsmann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wirts,

Is that so, there is no other choice than to create more payment method then.

Its a pity ya, because I think many companies using more than one payment medium, I think SAP should improve this.

Thank you very much for your responds.

Regards

Rama.

Bohdan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To the best of my knowledge it's not possible. Yes, I agree that this limitation causes some inconveniences, but you have to take into accounting the following issue: suppose you have two (or more) payment mediums assigned to a single payment method. In this case either during the posting of invoices or during the proposal run you will have to somehow specify which payment medium should be used for each line item to be paid. It means additional manual work regardless whether it's mass processing or an individual one. Therefore this limitation represents both a drawback and an advantage.

FI module is not so flexible as SD and we cannot play with different conditions that will fill this gap (at least at the moment of writing this post). But let's hope that this will somehow change in the future.

Best regards,

The Wirtschaftsmann

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is possible to create one DMEE but applicable to more than one house bank. You just need to create 2 segments which corresponding conditions for each housebank.e.g.

Housebank KLPR2

Do the same for the other housebank

Hope this helps.