cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock Changes in Activity

0 Kudos

My client has a requirement that user must be able to restrict all changes in activity once it is created.

I came up with the following two solutions but both of them did not work :

1) Maintain User Status in Status Profile for Network Header and Activity with business transaction 'Change' as forbidden. This works for network header but not for network activity. The User Status has no impact on Network Activity.

2) Select 'Error' if changes are made in Partially Confirmed Activity in Change Profile (tcode OPSG). This didnot work either, system still allow changes even if the activity is partially confirmed.

Kindly advise if I am missing something in the first solution, and please let me know if there can be some other solution to this requirement.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Basir,

I have understood your query properly but still I want to know what are those changes on network activity for which you want the restriction.

May be validations or any particular business transaction in user status would be able to help you. But since you have said that you were trying to achieve it by Partially Confirmed Activity in OPSG, so I rather believe that you need to keep restriction on status of network activity. Isn't it.?

If yes, then try to use Business Transaction as Release Operation or Partially Confirm Operation and mark it as forbidden. Just check and revert back. Though it is just a wild guess.

Else,

You may go with expert advise by providing authorization with the help of Basis person.

Regards,

Amit

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Basir,

Check SU24 transaction what is the authorization object as you want?

then take it and discussed with basis consultant he will modify authorization roll according to requirement then you will achieve this.

Regards,
Sanjeev

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nauman,

Check this thread, whether this is useful

Regards

Terence

sushrut_sheth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

please provide only creation and display authorisations to the user in the roles you have created.

please take the help of Basis consultant and tell him the transaction code

Control is to be made over transaction code and roles.

create three different roles for creation mode

for change mode and for display mode and provide only two roles to the user create and display.

adam_sobkowicz2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hello

I'm not sure maybe you should chage roles for user. Check object C_AFVG_TYP in roles.