cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initial Load of DD* tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

Just a hopefully quick and simple question. We set up a SLT Replication Server recently and created our first SLT Configuration into HANA. We have no need for real time so we choose a scheduled time out of office hours. The configuration was successful however the DD* tables appeared in a scheduled state. From what I thought these tables should populate (load) initially regardless of the schedule. What appeared to happen was that they were waiting for the first schedule to run. Is this expected? Without these populating initially we could not choose any real ERP tables to replicate.

We also tried with a non-SAP source (Oracle) and the DD* tables for that configuration were populated instantly even though that config was scheduled to run "off-peak" as well.

Thanks,

Marcus.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Saritha_K
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marcus,

As far as I understand your question, please find below my comments-

(sap source system scenario)

If the configuration is created with "schedule by time" option which I think is done in your case, then the  replication server would replicate database changes to target system at the time set by you. Here the metadata of tables would be copied from source system tables[DD002L and DD02T]

yes, you are correct that ideally we should start with ERP tables replication after DD* tables are replicated successfully. This generally is faster but then depends upon the system.

(non sap source system scenario)

here the DD* tables are just initially loaded and not automatically replicated.

So you would find a difference in how the replication takes place in both scenarios.

Hope it answers to some extent for your query.

Regards,

Saritha K