cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use characteristic as key figure for short text planning

0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

currently, I'm trying to use a characteristic as key figure for short term planning.

This function is available since SAP NW 7.40 SP08 as described in this document.

I created a plain characteristic of the type CHAR without hierarchies or texts or master data and included this in a planning DSO.

The relevant characteristic is marked in the section "characteristic as key figure" and I included this characteristic in the key figure section of the aggregation level. The planning DSO contains only one additional characteristic and one additional key figure.

In the query designer the relevant characteristic is shown as a key figure and I marked both, the "real" key figure and the "planable" characteristic as input-ready. The single "real" characteristic has three entries as master data and I use this for the rows of the query. Both key figures are set up for the columns. Hence, I expect three rows and two columns as result of my query.

When I execute this query with BEx, the real key figure is input ready, but the characteristic as key figure is not.

Do I need to activate or deactivate any options in the setup of this characteristic?

What settings are need for the characteristic, if I want to use this for short text planning?

Are there any settings in the SPRO (or any other part of the BW backend), for the DSO, the aggregation layer or the query that I need to consider for this function to work?

I tried several different settings and options, but the cells of this characteristic ("as key figure") are not input-ready in the query.

Any help is highly appreciated.
Regards,

Benjamin

former_member742651
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Benjimin,

Did you fix it?

I am facing same issue. Can you please provide solution.

Kind Regards,

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Benjamin,

BEx Analyzer does not support this feature, 'characteristics as key figures' there are always display only. You have to use AO or Web Templates. Whether your configuration is correct you can check in transaction RSRT (HTML), there also 'characteristics as key figures' can be input-ready.

Regards,

Gregor

0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

thanks for your help.

I was not able to find any information about that, but this is really the issue.

With AO, WAD and Design Studio this is working fine. Apparently only BEx is not able to handle this function.

I will also try this with the EPM client and a BPC Unified Model.

Regards,

Benjamin

0 Kudos

Hi Benjamin,

EPM Client does not yet support this, but we are working on it. If the BW 7.40 SP08 documentation is available you will also find some more details aboute these features that come with 'attribute planning'; short text are just a special case.

Regards,

Gregor

Message was edited by: Gregor Dieckmann P.S. Here is a link to the documentation: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw74/helpdata/en/5b/86e6a1bd1642dea95b14daa3d39362/content.htm?frameset=...

former_member671571
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gregor,

I am using AO 1.4 SP8 for the Character as Key figure Planning. I am able to save the data without any issues and I can see the correct data in backend. But after refresh, the key figure is showing SID values instead of actual Text. Is it a bug which needs to be fixed in next versions or Is there any setting do I need to to get the text in the plannable column.

Thanks,

Ram

0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

the bug is known and was fixed in the BICS Java layer also used in AO (as .NET code). Do you get the same effect in Web Templates? To my knowledge the bug is fixed in AO 1.4 SP9. For Web Templates you should use the most recent NetWeaver Java stack.

To clarify this you should open a problem ticket on the AO component.

Regards,

Gregor

former_member671571
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Gregor. I will open message with SAP. We are not using WAD. So I can not test this functionality in WAD.

Thanks,

Ram

0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

it seems that AO 1.4, SP9 is available on the service market place. You may try this version.

Regards,

Gregor

0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

I was able to test this scenraio in the Design Studio.

The behavior is similar.

I'm not able to save the data in the web application, because the error states that the text has an invalid format.

Using the transaction RSRT with the HTML view, I'm able to enter text and to save it to the DSO.

However, if I want to view the data In the Design Studio Application, only the SIDs are displayed for the text and again, changing the value leads to the "invalid format" error.

I was not able to find any OSS note for this issue.

Regards,
Benjamin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gregor,

It does not look like that this functionality is working with the EPM Add-in SP19 Patch 1, do you know if this will be available in the next SP?

Thanks

David

0 Kudos

Hi David,

yes, in EPM Add-in SP20 this feature is supported; the patch is available on the service marketplace.

The feature is called 'Free Text Key Figures - SAP BW (INA provider) Connections only'.

Regards,

Gregor

0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

I just downloaded the SP20 and will test this feature.

Thanks,

Benjamin

JohnL
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

How did your testing go?

Thanks,

Answers (0)