Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Invoices for one contract

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

I'm very new at RE-FX.

Our customer needs to create two invoices for one contract to two different company codes based on ratio.

For example, there are two companies who are shareholders for one rental object (%50 - %50), and one customer rents that object. At the end of the rental period we need to create two different invoices to customer.

I tried to use Condition Split via activating subfinction CDSP, but it didn't solve the problem. I assigned these two business partners as a vendor of the contract.

I chose "Multiple Partners" and give ratios of vendors on the contracts Posting Parameters tab.

After that, although i create Periodic Posting Contracts, i can not create even one invoice instead of distributed ones. It gives "No relevant items were found in the period " error.

Any help is appreciated.

Best regards,

Cagri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member196871
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Cagri,

Out of the box, you can assign only one company code to a contract. While there is no other participating company code, you can either get the revenue posted to the main company code which is the company participating in the contract and disburse the amount to be paid to the other company code separately either via a vendor payment entry or via a separate real estate contract.

Secondly if both the company codes are participating in the lease agreement, you have to create two contracts with different company codes having the appropriate rental condition and partner information.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Hardik Sharma

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

I appreciate all your answers and your answers set my way for the solution.

I want to explain our scenerio a little bit in more detail.

I have two company codes 2000 and 9000. Actually, these companies are shareholder off whole business entity. That's why, we need to give two invoices to the customer. I know that (if i'm wrong please set me aright), we can not assign two company codes to one business entity. So i assign 2000 to the business entity and its all rental objects.

After your answers, i tried to solve the problem with creating 3 contracts to one rental object for one customer.

2000 / 7 ==> Original contract has condition type "Basic Rent", and condition purpose of "Actual Rent"

2000 / 8 ==> Informational contract has contition type "Basic Rent", and condition purpose of "Statistical"

9000 / 2 ==> Informational contract has contition type "Basic Rent", and condition purpose of "Statistical"

When we set all conditions (including original contract) as a statistical like Jakub mentioned before, this time we faced with "There are no cashflow items" error while simulating the contracts.

I searched about this error but not found some valuable things. Did i miss something?

Could you please help me with this error?

Thanks a lot.

Cagri

jakubsalata
Participant
0 Kudos

3 contracts and one rental object solution should be following:

1. 2000 / 7 ==> Original (informational) contract has condition type "Basic Rent", and condition purpose of "Statistical" - maybe distinguish it with different contract type
  2. 2000 / 8 ==> Posting contract has condition type "Basic Rent", with calculation % Share of condition in 2000 / 7, and condition purpose of "Actual Rent"
  3. 9000 / 2 ==> Posting contract has condition type "Basic Rent", with calculation % Share of condition in 2000 / 7, and condition purpose of "Actual Rent"

Sum of share percent for condition type "Basic Rent" in two last contracts must give 100%.

Remember that with such solution, distribution of revenues to rental objects would be wrong, because all of them will be assigned to rental object in company code 2000. To achieve correct revenues distribution you have to create rental object in each company code.

Regards,

Jakub.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jakup,

When i create 3 contracts which of those two has a condition purpose of "Actual Rent", i faced with error "Rental object is already assigned to other contract."

It is written on Performance Assistant;

• The rental object that is assigned to an occupancy contract cannot be assigned to other occupancy contracts during the assignment period (unless the Informational indicator is set for these other contracts).

So i need to create two informational and one occupancy contract.

The think that i don't understand is to achieve revenues distribution why do i have to create rental object in each company. In real life, there is one rental object, but at the system, i'll see that there are two rental objects which refers eachother. Of course if there are two companies which are shareholders, revenues must be distributed. I supposed that RE-FX could have solve this issue but all i understand is it is impossible.

Thanks for your efforts, help.

BR,

Cagri

jakubsalata
Participant
0 Kudos

Here you have schema of periodic posting for given solution.

ContractType of Posting RunDebit/Credit IndicatorCompany CodeAccountObject Assignment
2000 / 8REDP Periodic PostingS Debit2000customer account
H Credit2000revenue accountREC 2000 / 8
RETP TransferS Debit2000revenue accountREC 2000 / 8
H Credit2000revenue accountRO 2000 / 1 / 1
9000 / 2REDP Periodic PostingS Debit9000customer account
H Credit9000revenue accountREC 9000 / 2
RETP TransferS Debit9000revenue accountREC 9000 / 2
H Credit2000revenue accountRO 2000 / 1 / 1

As you can see in the last row, revenue form contract 9000 / 2 is posted on revenue account in company code 2000.

narnei
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Senol Cagri,

I appriciate your efforts ( trying all possible ways ) before writing to Scn.

But condition splitting is possiable with in between the Business partners, where as the contract belongs to one company code (In this case Revenue / expenses will flow to that company code only)  which may not solve your purpose.

Its better to create two different RE Contracts for each company code, according to your company requirements and maintain the conditions & unit prices accordingly which will be more convinient to track the same in future, as we cant add two company codes in a RE contract.

Regards,

Subbarao

jakubsalata
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

invoices in RE-FX base only on posted document items related to partner with debit role. Vendors have credit roles. There are few solutions to solve the problem:

1. create another BP(/client) and use condition spilt similar to that what you have tried,
  2. (I don't know if it will works) add once again same client to the contract but with different role and use condition spilt,
  3. make your conditions statistically, create 2 new posting conditions for each vendor / company code with different purposes and calculation formula condition group (statistical conditions) factor or % share in condition group, set factor/share to 0.5, that in BAdI BADI_RERA_INVOICE in method GROUP_INVOICE_ITEM_LIST divide invoice by condition purpose,
  4. (I would choose that one, because revenues would be posted in correct company code) set all conditions as statistical, create new contracts with same client for each vendor in corresponding company code, add conditions with calculation formula % share in source condition (that is in the original contract).

Regards,

Jakub.