cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change storage location in inspection lot ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

For my customer, I have to face the following business case:

• At each good reciept my customer performs a sotck posting on his samples from a storage location to another storage location.

With QM, this storage location transfer seems not to be possible anymore. Indeed, Goods stored in QI can only be managed  by QM.

In other words, I cannot transfer a given quantity form the original storage location to another.

Can some help me to get around this technical issue ?

For your information, inspection lot is automatically generated at each good reciept via MIGO.

Many thanks in advance !!

Best regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

First you need to clear here, whether you are talking about physical sample or simply posting via QI to other strg location.

If possible please provide screen shots for more clarity. As said by nitin, it's very true and system correct in its place.

Regards

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Max, You need to clarify what need to be posted to different location.

If it is inspection lot qty, then it can easily be done from Inspection lot stock screen. However, this cannot be done, with similar approach, if you need to post the qty 'To Sample Usage'

Reason behind unavailability of this functionality is that you use this field when you do destructive testing and destroy the sample qty. So there is no point in shifting such quantity to anywhere from QI stock.

However, if there is something else, please share!

ntn

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is correct and is SAP standard functionality.  Once QM is turned on, materail goes to QI and stock posting must be processed in the inspection lot.

Samples and reserve must be posted on the UD stock posting screen.  Storage locations can be changed here if needed.  The reserves line is usually mapped to a special storage location defined in configuration, I think on the inspection type config, possibly plant config.  I'd have to look to be sure.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you want to change storage location when you are doing inspection lot UD from 'QA32' here you can change the storage location in "inspection lot stock' tab .

Regards,

mukesh

Ayoub_Habchi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Max,

You can check physical Sample process.

Sample Management During Goods Receipt - Sample Management (QM-IM-SM) - SAP Library

Regards,

Ayoub.

Nancy
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Max,

Storage location can be changed when posting QI stock in QA11 / QA12, Tab 'Inspection lot stock'.  There is a field 'StLoc'.  You can change it if needed.

Br,

Nancy