cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to see universe folder in Webi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have two universes that have the exact same name.  One is for development and one is for production.  We do not want to change the name of the universe so the only way a user can tell which one is which is by the version number.  I am able to see what folder each of these universes are sitting in because I've granted myself Administrator access to my ID.

What security setting am I missing to allower others to see what folder the universe is sitting in without giving them Administrator rights?

Thank you for your time,

Aaron

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arron,

Could you please state in which version of SAP BO are your universes deployed ?

Also, your title state "Unable to see universe folder" and the description states " I am able to see what folder each of these universes are sitting----"

Will you please articulate your requirement.

Regards,

Sandeep Rana

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP BO 4.0 SP4.

Open boxi - login - create new report - and then the universe list comes up that I have access to.  It lists the Name - Revision - Folder but most of the universes listed don't not show me what folder the universe is sitting in.  When I am setup as an administrator, I can see which universes are sitting in our Production folder, Development folder, Admin folder, etc.  Instead, all I see under the folder column is what server the report is sitting under.

Thank you,

Aaron

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arron,

I had experienced it and it happens when user is privileged with View on demand/view
explicitly on Universe but no view access have been given on the folder hierarchy/path the universe reside.

If you expect to see the folder path too, create custom access level named "top level access"

with below 'General' rights and assign it the group/user on every root folder path in hierarchy:

1. View Objects (Uncheck apply to subojects)

2. View objects that user owns  (Uncheck apply to subobjects)

Note: Sub-group/user should inherit these rights.

Let me know in if you got it.

Regards,

Sandeep Rana

Former Member
0 Kudos

So your request is to give them View Only Access to the Universe folders?

In CMC

Under Universes

Right click on the Universe Folder you want users to see,

Click Add principal, select the user and or group.

For Access level, use "View on Demand", or "View" or any custom access level created.

I hope this is what you were requesting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have already set this access level up as a Developer but I'm still not able to see the folder location.  I removed that and changed it to View and View on Demand but nothing seems to be working.  Any other thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks for the help Abdul,

Aaron

0 Kudos

Hi Aaron,

Try to break the inheritance as well and check. See if that helps.

Regards,

Sarvjot Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got the same results when I did this.  Any other thoughts Sarvjot?

Thanks,

Aaron

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check for No Access applied to any of the principals in TOP Level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Top level of what?  The universe?  Or, the Developer group?  Some place else?

Thanks,

Aaron

Former Member
0 Kudos

Top level Universe, make sure Access is not denied on top level.

0 Kudos

Could you attach a screenshot of the rights that you have given to some test user ?

Regards,

Sarvjot Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here you go.

-Aaron

Former Member
0 Kudos
0 Kudos

Hey Aaron,

Thank for the screenshot. Though I needed to see the screenshot for the effective rights, rather than this.

I see that mostly access is being inherited, so you sure, that you unchecked the inheritance checkbox ??

Kindly attach the effective rights screenshot as well please.

Regards,

Sarvjot Singh