Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSM Calculate Measure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts!!

I want to ask you advice on how could I achieve this:

I have a KPI that has 5 measures (Number of days, Actual Volume, Actual Volume Cumulative, Target Volume and Target Volume Cumulative), and I need to show in Scorecard depending on the Period selected:

If I select last month, I need to show Actual Volume and Target Volume, but if I choose any different option like last quarter, or last year, I need to show Actual Volume Cumulative and Target Volume Cumulative.

That is because the normal Cumulative (last quarter or last year) makes a sum. And the Cumulative calcule that I need to show is different.

I already have these measures calculated in BW, and I got the values in PAS.

Any Idea??

Thanks a lot!

Ingrid J.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any suggestion?

plz

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the measure is defined as SUM() then wont the quarter (or year) give you the cumulative number already? Obviously I am not understanding the problem.

You can change the measure from SUM(). Option include to AVERAGE(), FIRST() LAST() and WEIGHTED(). Will any of these give the results you're after? Weighted is especially versatile because you can put all sorts of smart values in the weighting variable.

If these don't help another solutions is as follows:

• Create a second set of measures (ACT and TAR) and load your monthly values to these. They are just a holding area and will never be displayed
  • Define your real ACT and TAR as FIRST()
  • In a procedure copy the latest month from the second set of measures to your real measures.
  • In a procedure calculate the latest quarterly value (from the second measure) and store it in the first month of the latest quarter of the real measure. Do this for both ACT and TAR.
  • In a procedure calculate the latest yearly value (from the second measure) and store it in the first month of the latest year of the real measure.Do this for both ACT and TAR.

Because the real measures are defined as FIRST,reporting a Quarterly or YEARLY value will display the number stored in the first month of that period and ignore all others.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clifford,

To make it clear, the SUM, will give me a cumulative value, but the result im waiting for is a different cumulative, calculated this way:

This cumulative value takes account the values from all months before the one that is being calculated.

I have this two values in PAS: the punctual for each month, and the cumulative (calculated as above).

The question I have is that, is it possible to select from SSM Scorecard the period last month (and show all punctual values) and select the other options like last quarter (and show all cumulative values, not Sum, but my cumulative values).

Thanks a lot!

Former Member
0 Kudos

To the best of my knowledge it is not possible. An alternative may be to have two KPIs one called cumulative and one called punctual.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That was the first possibility I saw, but I needed to check if there was something else.

Thank you Clifford!!

Answers (0)