Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration Gateway in SAP PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have some question regarding to Integration Gateway in SAP PO SP13:

• I found some documentation about IG in SMP 3.0 space: How to use Integration Gateway with SMP 3.0 (Part 2) Does IG in PO work the same way? Can we use these guides also for PO?
  • Is there already a SAP Netweaver Gateway Productivity Accelerator (GWPA) pluging for NWDS?
  • We have several EJBs, which we are published as SOAP Webservices. Basically we want to publish these as REST services using IG. Our goal is to consume these via UI5. What is the best approach here? I saw in the screenshots of the documentation above (How to use IG with SMP 3.0) that you can use SOAP Services as data source. Is it possible also to use EJBs as data source? I somehow have the feeling that EJB > SOAP > OData publishing is not the best approach.

Regards,

Koray

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bjoernw
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Koray,

at the moment you can only use the Gateway functionality in SAP Process Orchestration to connect to a SAP Gateway service coming from a backend system and expose it as an OData service. If you look at the deployment options, you could use it instead of a Gateway Hub. However there are still some limitations, but I would need to look these up in detail in case you're interested.

We are planning to extend the functionality, but there is no confirmed timeline yet.

Therefore for the SAP Process Orchestration OData provisioning, you don't need modeling tools like the GWPA , you can do your modeling in the SEGW transaction in your SAP backend system.

So for the moment, you could convert the SOAP services to an OData service with the SAP Mobile Platform.

Kind regards

Björn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Björn,

Thanks for you answer. Our services are simple SOAP services implemented directly on PO. Technically some EJBs which are published as SOAP web services. These are ideal additions to our BPM processes and their start, intermediate events which are consumed as SOAP services also. This way all our UIs can communicate via SOAP with SAP backend.

Now if we switch to UI5 with the intention of consuming JSON and OData services, these EJBs should be published as REST services. Using SAP Mobile Platform to make OData services from the SOAP web services which are imlemented as EJB is kinda to much to be honest.

I've done a little bit research and came across to Jersey and Jackson libraries to deploy REST services on java. Standalone tests showed me that it is quite easy to apply these libraries. I'll try use this in PO / NWDS environment. I can post the results if anyone is also facing similar issues.

Regards,

Koray

Former Member
0 Kudos

thx christian

Answers (0)