cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard Errors following 4.1SP02P03 To 4.1SP04P3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Newbie here! Hopefully this is the correct location to ask this question. If not please direct me to correct location. Anyway I recently upgraded our Windows Server 2008R2(6.1) system  from 4.1SP02P03 to 4.1SP04P03 due to corporate push if IE11. Prior to the upgrade I had 0 system issues with Dash Boards. Everything ran with zero problems. After the upgrade I am getting random dashboard errors that I have no clue how to diagnose. The error description thrown is:

while trying to invoke the method com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.IServer.getServerContext() of a null object returned from com.businessobjects.rebean.wi.impl.services.DocumentInstanceManagementServiceImpl.getServer(com.businessobjects.sdk.core.context.IContext, com.businessobjects.rebean.wi.model.engine.IDocumentInstance)

This error is not repeatable in that it occurs randomly. By this I mean that my dashboards will run for 12-24 hours then bam, the error pops up. The problem is not specific to any one DB. The Dashboards are being run off of the platform from InfoView, on user desktops as .swf and as kiosk style from power point shows. The dashboards are connected via qaaws to cached webi report instances. The reports run typically every two minutes. All of the reports are completing successfully with zero failed instances. As mentioned above prior to the upgrade I had no issues. The dashboards would run weeks at a time with no maintenance or intervention what so ever. Where might I start digging. I am a part time system administrator as I have a day job as well! I have searched all BI platform and tomcat logs and don't see anything that points to a smoking gun. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you, George

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

clalanca
Participant
0 Kudos

Actually we have the same error but for BI Platform 4.1 Support Pack 4 Patch 1, we have a open message with SAP... It seens to be a bug.

Regards,

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update. Still experiencing the issue and again it is very sporadic and strangely enough is isolated to one dashboard out of several that run in kiosk mode. As mentioned above the dashboard will function correctly for over 12 hours, sometimes much more before throwing the error. I was able to locate the error in the tomcat stderr.log.

Thank you,

carlospinto
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi George,

So are all components in your SAP BO system at the same maintenance level?

Please, check this link, maybe it can help you or give you some idea:

Best Regards,

Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Carlos,

Thanks for the quick response. Yes... I utilize the platform, client tools and dashboards. All are at the same maintenance level of 14.1.4.1448

thank you,

George