cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we remove PM order from PM notification ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team

Is there any way to remove PM order from PM notification ?

My client created PM order through PM notification and changed Status of PM order NCMP (do not execute). Now he wanted to created other PM order from same notification but that notification already linked with PM order which status is NCMP

From PM order we can remove link notification but from notification we cant remove PM order.

In PM order, notification is still showing in PM order object tab after removal of notification.

Please help me how can I remove PM order from PM Notification

Thanks in advance

Prashant Sinha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

I have did a testing and able to separate the Maintenance Order and Notification. First step to reset the status from CLSD to REL.

1. Go to Work Order, Click Objects Tab

2. Add the new notification in the objects

3. Select the line item and click (Define Header Notification)

System message will be displayed as the header notification is changed.

4. Save the work order

5. Again go into work order

6. Select the old notification line item and click delete, this will be removed.

Kindly let me know in case if you have any issues.

Regards

Terence

sebastian_lenartowicz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Greetings Maria Terence,

I believe that because Prashant Sinha's Client set the original Order to the status NCMP, you are not able to "reset the status from CLSD to REL." since it is only possible for Business Completed Orders.

> Thus, you are not able to unassign the Notification, as the Order is Closed

> Thus, you are not able to assign the Notification to another Order, as it can be assigned to one Order only and is assigned to the original Order.

This does not solve the requirement, unless you have a way to ?

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for the information. My reply is stated only for Business completed order.

Yes, you are correct. I didnt notice about NCMP

Final option only for new notification.

Regards

Terence

sebastian_lenartowicz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Greetings Prashant,

Indeed, it is not possible to unlink the Notification from a Work Order in CLSD status, and it is not possible to re-open an Order that was marked as Not Completed NCMP. So this seems a dead end.

Perhaps you could make some changes through BS22 to the CLSD system status control to allow this, but I'm not certain of that at all,and it seems it would be a lot of hassle just to handle this one particular case.

I would propose to your Client that they just create a new Notification, using the original Notification as Reference in IW21 transaction, on the initial screen. Then this linkage is maintained between the related objects...