cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

user decision without logon in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guru,

please, could you explain me how I can accept or reject a request ( purchase prder, requisition order, travel request... ) pushing a button in outlook mail without to use SAP Logon? Do I need to use a custom task in user decision or I need to configure SWNCONFIG? and in this case, please could you post a link where it is clearly explained how to use this transaction?

Thanks

Regards

Raffaele

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gaurang_gujar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raffaele,

If you configure swnconfig.There will be URL sent in users inbox. Once user clicks on URl it will open up SAP GUI for HTML allowing the user to approve or reject.

Regards,

Gaurang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guaran,

thanks for your response but I don't want use SAP GUI... Let me explain better my requirement.

I have a purchase order with two approval steps, one assigned to CIO and another one assigned to CEO. Now, when purchase order is created, a mail should be sent to CIO and, if he approve, to CEO then. CIO and CEO don't want to logon to SAP but only approve or reject

Could you explain how I can do this?

Thanks

Regards

HrishikeshMangi
Explorer
0 Kudos

You can use incoming mails to SAP system to process the approval. You can find detailed tutorial at

http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/Workflow/offline/Index.htm

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

One way or another, they will need a SAP logon. When the workitem is approved, it has to store in the workflow log the userid of the actual approver.

I would not recommend creating a generic userid for remote approvals (as discussed in the link above). Emails can be (auto) forwarded to anyone, and this gives the recipient the power to approve and reject big-ticket items in a Production system, in the CEO's name! You could lose your job over a design like that

I get requests for this kind of functionality all the time. It's your job as a consultant to push back!

cheers

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

I understand your point of view... but I can't ask to CEO or CFO to connect to SAP for approve a purchase  order... So, I just want that they receive a mail with two button: Approve - Reject. If they approve, so workitem continue, if they reject, a mail is sent to wf initiator...

I think that in order to have, it is not necessary logon in SAP

What do you think? Could you help me?

Thanks

Regards

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Some people set up complicated programs to listen for incoming emails at a set email address and then perform SAP actions based on that. The link in your email could send such an email.

It's complicated and very risky (in my opinion).

If CEOs think they're are too important/busy to use SAP (often the case) then they're usually important/busy enough to have a Personal Assistant who can do it for them.

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alternatively, you can send a workflow to the person below the CEO (eg a Director) and it is their job to (a) approve the item and (b) track down the CEO to get signed approval. They then scan the signed piece of paper and attach it to the workflow.

In other words, the Director's approval implies the CEO's approval as well.

We use this approach for very high-value refunds.

cheers

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

thanks for your answers, I understoo what you wrote and, yes, you're right...

I think that I don't evaluate wee the risk about the (auto)forward of email...

So, thanks again and I assign points

Now, I need of another your advice.

Workflow send mail and the approver receive a mail with two choice: approve and reject

When I click on one of these choices, the system ask me to logon,

I use my user and password but the system show me the SAP INBOX ( SBWP ) so I need to approve or reject again the purchase requisition.

Is there any way to skip this second screen of choice?

Thanks

Regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Raffaele

I would agree with the experts above that giving an approval oven an email comes with it's own risks, complexity and on-going maintenance issues.

However, if you still want to put your hand in the beehive, here the links which can help you get that:

Note that it is all custom functionality.

Offline/External Mail Approval Process without using SAP Part-1 :
http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-50456

Offline/External Mail Approval Process without using SAP Part-2:
http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-50457

Offline/External Mail Approval Process without using SAP Part-3:
http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-50458

Offline/External Mail Approval Process without using SAP Part-4:
http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-50532

Regards,

Modak

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually, this functionality is pretty standard in SRM shopping cart approval workflows. The approver still needs to have a valid user ID in the SRM system, but they don't need to actually logon to approve the workflow. They receive an email with shopping cart details and 'Approve' and 'Reject' buttons. Click the button creates an email with an encoded response that is sent back to the workflow inbox in the SRM system, where a job reads it and updates the workflow accordingly. The approval fails if it is sent from any email address other than the one the request was sent to, or if the approver's user account is no longer valid.

The program RSWUWFMLEC collects the outbound emails and puts them in the queue for SAPCONNECT to send. The program RBBP_OFFLINE_EVAL monitors the workflow inbox for inbound emails and evaluates them for proper formatting and sender.

I know these are specific to the SRM shopping cart approval scenario, but if you search on those, that may lead you to other scenarios closer to what you're trying to achieve.

Regards,

Matt