cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PR03 Travel Advances

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a travel advance in PR03 and posted to FI, but SAP has PR03 Travel Advances set to "Automatically Approve" and I want each travel advance request to be approved by a manager.  Does anyone know where to change this setting so that the Travel Advance status is "Request Complete" instead of "Request Approve"?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

Thanks for responding.  I did find the answer to my question.  By using TP01, the user can create a travel advance under Travel Planning, which will then have to be approved by the manager.  That solved my issue.

Thanks,

Rhona

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rhona,

I think there is a misunderstanding. PR03 is considered a Power-User functionality which is there to settle advances, without any subsequent process involved (within the transaction). Before a settlement, the trip/request always has to be approved, that's why it implicitly is approved in PR03. This is statically programmed, it cannot be changed in standard and should not be modified.

If you want to have an audit possibility for your manager to approve a requested advance, then you should use the respective field in the travel request (which these are exactly, depends on your frontend means, i.e. whether you use TA TRIP, WDJ or WDA).

Cheers, Lukas