cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reorder point planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i have a question about MRP reorder point and the start/finish date of a planned order.

With my current settings for MRP type etc a planned order is created with start date (tomorrow) next working date and finish date accordingly (+ in house production days).

However the requirement (sales order) for which the stock goes below the reorder point is further into the future.

I would like to have the finish date of the planned order to be the requirements date of the sales order, the date at which the stock goes below the reorder point.

What settings can i make (customising or master data) to influence the start and finish dates of the planned order.

See also screen shots in attached jpg files.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Best regards,

Huub Haesen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try with "Lot size" where you can find the setting like "scheduling" which contains below

Requirements date := delivery date

1 Period start := delivery date

2 Period end := delivery date

3 Period start := start and period end := delivery date

4 Period start := start date

This may help u

Regards,

Ravi

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

On a reorder point MRP type, system always schedules the planned order using forward scheduling considering today as the start date, even if you are considering external requirements. See the following links for more details about the forward scheduling on reorder point:

Forward Scheduling for External Procurement - Material Requirements Planning (PP-MRP) - SAP Library

Forward Scheduling for External Procurement - Material Requirements Planning (PP-MRP) - SAP Library

If you want to have the planned order finish date equal to the requirement date, then you should use MRP type PD instead of a reorder point procedure.

If you need to use reorder point, you may use BAdI MD_PLDORD_CHANGE to adjust the dates. See this document for details about the BAdIs available on MRP.

BR

Caetano