Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to add more than 10 materials in physical inventory document

sayed_khan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SAP Inventory Manager 3.2 i am not able to add more then 10 material items in physical inventory document. .

The Item number does not increase above 10 and it shows error "Target (id) already exists for transaction materialAdd".

Please suggest.

Best Regards,

Sayed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lee_bennett2
Explorer
0 Kudos

In addition to Jason's questions, would also like to know which client you are experiencing this issue.
Is this a Windows CE, iPhone, tablet, or lapton client?

sayed_khan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

I am using Windows CE Client, even i tested this in Win32 Client i faced the same issue.

Regards,

Mohammad Sayed

lee_bennett2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Mohammad,

I confirmed that this issue still exists in IM 4.0, with the latest Agentry 7.0.5 client. 
I told that you have reported this as a support incident, so a formal response to your issue will come via that channel.

Informally, I identified this issue in the calculation of item property for a new.  The rule that calculates the next item value uses the COLLECTION_MAX function.  Since the item property is defined as a string, collection_max determines that "9" > "10" and calculates 9 as the max.  The rule then adds one, and keeps coming up with 10 as the next id.

Changing the type of the Material.item property to Integral Number should address this issue.  The change of type would likely be needed in both the object and transactions on the item property.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Mohammad,

Definitely a product bug there.  What tab are you on where you are adding items to a document?  How are the item numbers incrementing before you reach the limit?

This was probably already fixed in IM 4.0, but I can't say for sure without trying it.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

sayed_khan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

I am on Physical Inventory Tab, when i do material count on clicking on Add i was not able to add more then 10 Materials...

After Item 10 Value does not get increases to 11 it remains to 10 and it shows the Error: "Target ID already exists".

Regards,

Mohammad Sayed