cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA instance stays in status "Prepared" and is not activated

0 Kudos

Hello,

I created an instance of "AP ERP Foundation Extension powered by SAP HANA" on AWS through the Cloud Appliance Library.

Two virtual machines should be created for this instance:

• SAP ERP 607 on SAP HANA SPS07
  • SBOP BI Platform 4.1

The SBOP virtual machine is created - i can also see it in the AWS Console - started. Status in CAL is active  & green

The ERP virtual machine remains in status "Prepared" in CAL.  This does not change and i can't see any corresponding instance in AWS.

Overall status of the instance : "Undefined"

I tried some "activate/suspend" cycles hoping that this would help but it remains unchanged.

What does the "Prepared" status actually mean for a virtual machine?

Are additional steps required to trigger generation of the ERP-HANA virtual machine on AWS?

Thanks for any useful advise,

Frank

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

did you just recently create your AWS account? If this is the case, then you should call AWS support because it could be that your AWS limits for the r3.8xlarge instance type are set to 0, so CAL cannot start this instance at all.

I suggest you terminate from CAL and then you check your EC2 limits in the AWS console.

Regards,

Hannes

0 Kudos

Hej Hannes,

Spot on.

On the  first trial I received a warning  that  AWS had to verify my  account. This took some time  and  I assume that the  large instance was only enabled after  the verification was done by them.

I noticed that my account has  1 instance r3.8xlarge enabled. So contacting  AWS support was not needed.

I created a new instance  of the  solution - on the  AWS console the  large instance is now being created.

Thanks for the  hint !

// Frank

Answers (0)